Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Songs that stick in your head?

Shamrock
October 9th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Whether you want them to or not. :D

A clip on Discovery Channel recently examined the amusing phenomenon of why it is that some songs just keep running through your mind once you've heard them. Studies show that the common denominator is that they have simplistic and repetitive lyrics. Music plays a big part in retaining the words.. ingraining them in your subconscious mind. They used the old tune "Seasons In The Sun" as an example of the annoyingly catchy.

I was thinking of this today while driving.. The song ( appropriately titled) "Cant Get You Out Of My Head" is a perfect example of one that just stays and stays with me. I find myself inexplicably humming it's inane lyrics... "lah- lah- lah... lah-lah-lah-lah.
Sheesh. :o

What tunes do you find yourself singing along to.. without even realizing it?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 9th, 2005, 08:13 PM
The Goodbye and hello song.

Hello Shamrock were glad your here today, hello shamrock were glad your here today.

Goodbye Shamrock were glad you came today, goodbye shamrock were glad you came today.

Hello Joey' mommy were glad your here today, hello Joey's mommy were glad your here today.

Goodbye Joeys mommy were glad you came today, goodbye Joeys, mommy were glad you came today.

Repeat and substitute all the remaining pets.ca members until done.

Puppyluv
October 9th, 2005, 08:36 PM
JECM- Hmmm can almost tell that you have kids from your choice :p
I now have seasons in the sun stuck in my head if that helps.
What about the classic "this is the song that never ends"?

Prin
October 9th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Dancing Queeeen!

Oh, and Everybody was kungfu fight-ing dododododo do do do do :D

Those happen the most.. :(

Puppyluv
October 9th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Ra Ra Rasputin lover of the Russian queen...

CyberKitten
October 9th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Lately - b/c f that *&^$ commercial and b/c I work with children - Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, lol It also was the 1st song I ever learned to play on the piano when I was like 4, lol (But I did not want it to hold THAT special a place in my memory!!)

I hear all those songs on the kids' TV - "oh there's all kinds of ppl in your neighbourhood" , lol Or the wheels on the bus go round and round...

You get the idea.

pamha
October 9th, 2005, 11:59 PM
You all wouldn`t believe how timely this thread is at the moment. DH is watching Slapshot (an ancient (70s) Paul Newman movie. The whole thing is chock full of bad 70s music- what we used to call roller-skating music LOL. I`m actually listening for some ABBA right now, it would be a relief to some of this schlock ;p

Prin
October 10th, 2005, 12:29 AM
:eek: Slapshot?? My man did the "dance" for me a long time ago.. He's not that romantic anymore... :(

(p.s. Paul Newman is the sexiest man ever! :o )

puppy4ever
October 10th, 2005, 01:09 AM
The song, Sugar Sugar played on the radio and now I can't get it out of my head. Months now and it won't leave! :evil:

"Ahh, sugar, ahh, Honey, honey. You are my candy girl, And you got me wanting you. Ohhh, honey, honey. Sugar, sugar. Honey, honey. Sugar, sugar."

Yeah, pretty simple and repetitive.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 10th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Down by the bay, where the watermelons grow, back to my home, I dare not go for if I do my mother will say...Have you ever seen a Joey acting like a Schmoey down by the bay. :D

chico2
October 10th, 2005, 09:18 AM
"I think I love you...."from the Partridge family(if anyone of you are old enough to remember :D )is one of my favourite sing-alongs and "YMCA"by the Village-people,oh and "I just called to say I love you"and many many more... :D