Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

kitty sneezing "seeds"?????

cometsmom
October 9th, 2005, 03:46 PM
:confused: For about a month now, we have been finding"seeds" where our 4 month old kitten sleeps. The seeds are about half the size of a flax seed, are yellowish, and hard. Recently we noticed him sneezing often, and that the seeds would appear after that. We are soooo baffled and wondering if we are even sane!!!! I asked our vet about it, but he didn't seem to have any ideas! Comet's nose is often crusted with black debris. Please help!

cpietra16
October 9th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Have you seen them come out of her mouth or nose? Could they be coming out of her bum? I remember seeing something that looked like small grains of rice around my dogs bum. Maybe your kitty has the same and is licking them off and they land on her mat. In my dogs case, they were eggs. Maybe you should get another vets opinion.

cometsmom
October 9th, 2005, 06:59 PM
We have not actually seen where the seeds are coming from. Do you remember what type of eggs your dog had? Was it easily treated? Thanks for your reply. I am taking Comet in tomorrow morning.

StaceyB
October 9th, 2005, 08:14 PM
I would get your kitten checked and treated for worms.

cpietra16
October 9th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Yes, my dog was treated for worms and it was treated. She is now 8 years old and healthy. Good luck. It really sounds like worms.

Lucky Rescue
October 9th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Those are tapeworm segments you are seeing and they aren't coming out his nose, but out the other end.

You need to take your kitten to the vet, along with a stool sample to check for other types of parasites in addition to the tapeworms and for an exam too.