Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Sick Kitty

AnimalLovr14691
October 9th, 2005, 01:22 PM
My cat is 9 years old and very healthy until now. Around her mouth is really sore and she won't let me touch it. She eats but the food has to be soft. She hides under the bed and comes out a little bit. Her mouth looks sucked in and she usually bites but won't, she only cries when you touch her mouth. She felt like she had a fever this morning but she was acting okay, she was playing with a box but not like she usually does. She has no other problems and I am gonig to take her to the vet asap. This just happened in one night, she was fine then the next morning she was sick.
Could it be a tooth or some mouth infection?
Thanks for your time and thoughts.
:sick:

chico2
October 9th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Animalluvr,cats/dogs are very good at dealing with pain,it is not until it becomes unbearable for them that they fall apart,most of the time..
Your kitty could have been uncomfortable for a while,but now i'ts really sore.
Could be a bad tooth,which in cats can cause a lot of problems,or simply an allergy to something,like a plastic dish.
One of my cats had a severe allergy to plastic dishes,I now use stainless steel dishes.
Sorry I cannot be of more help,seeing a vet is the only solution.

This is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada,an explanation to the Forum not being very active :pawprint:

CyberKitten
October 9th, 2005, 01:35 PM
I agree with Chico - your kitty should see a vet , esp if there is a fever involved. She could have an infection now. And a vet can tell you if it is an allergy.

Prin
October 9th, 2005, 02:49 PM
I agree- this kitty needs a vet right away (today). Her teeth could be rotten to the nerve or infected. Please don't leave this kitty in pain. :(

AnimalLovr14691
October 10th, 2005, 03:44 PM
To whom is interested my kitty is doing much better. The vet said she would be fine. She eats more an is a lot more playful.
Thanks for your help. :pawprint:

Lucky Rescue
October 10th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Wow, glad to hear that! None of us can stand thinking of an animal an terrible pain. What was the diagnosis?

CyberKitten
October 10th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Thx for the update and am thrilled to know your kitty is doing well!