Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Knitting/Crocheting

raingirl
October 9th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Anyone here knit or crochet?

I know the basics, but it's the stuff like starting, ending, adding stitches, etc that I am confused about (I can do the stitches like regular knitting and crochets, like single, double or triple).

Anyone know any good online resources?

I crocheted a hat for my BF which wasn't that hard as I just kept going in a circle, and it was a single stitch, so it was easy to add/subtract as needed, but I want to make a matching scarf. Can't decide whether to crochet it or knit it. I don't know how to crochet in a straight line like knitting though.

I also have a few of those "loom knitters", those round circles with pegs. I can do circles with those, but I have no idea how to straight knit with them, which I know you can.

Lucky Rescue
October 9th, 2005, 02:24 PM
I've been crocheting for many years, and have made everything from afghans to christening gowns for babies.

Once you know the stitches, there is no pattern you cannot follow!

Here's a good site with everything you need and it will teach you all the basic crochet stitches.:)
http://www.learntoknit.com/home.html

chico2
October 9th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Lucky,we have something more in common,I've croched aphgans to all my friends and a few for myself and some looong scarves+lots of kitty-blankies.LOVE it,but I find some fancy yarns a bit expensive...

maddoxies
October 10th, 2005, 03:45 PM
How about a crochet party ???!!!! I am great with wool, but can not handle the thread for filet crochet.

Too bad we do not have Michael's Craft stores here. I bought synthetic mohair really cheap there. Made a great sweater.

Raingirl, I have tons of books, etc PM me and I can arrange to send somethings to you