Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Spayed

heatherp37
October 8th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Hello. I have 4 cats. One that is about year old whom was fixed when I got her, then 2 girls and 1 boy. The 2 girls and 1 boy are from the same liter. Yesterday we just got the boy fixed and as soon as we brought him home everyone starting hissing at him and now none of them are getting along. Why is this happening? They got a long fine before!!!! I'm worried they wont return to normal???

Puppyluv
October 8th, 2005, 11:20 AM
I would give hi m a day or two, as he just got out of surgery and is probably a little discombobulated. Are the two younger females spayed?

Lucky Rescue
October 8th, 2005, 11:23 AM
This is perfectly normal. Cats recognize each other by smell, and your kitties came back from the vet smelling like different cats.

They should all get back to normal when the scent of the vet wears off.:)

You can probably help it along if you rub all cats with the same towel.

heatherp37
October 8th, 2005, 12:26 PM
No, the two younger female kitties are not spayed...i will try to rub them all with the same towel :o) thank you everyone!!!

Lucky Rescue
October 8th, 2005, 02:05 PM
I suggest you get the other two spayed before they come into heat, or you could have big fights.

StaceyB
October 8th, 2005, 02:08 PM
If either of these unspayed females come into heat they will try to sneak outside and it is a lot easier than you may think. Are you spaying them.