Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Pitbull Resource Site

pitbulliest
October 7th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Finally got my pitbull resource site up and running..its still missing two or three of the links, but for the most part, its definately viewable. Please check it out :)

http://www.pitbullproject.ca
or
http://www.peopleforpitbulls.ca

Prin
October 7th, 2005, 10:44 PM
It looks good. Very readable and easily educational... :) I like the the hero page.. Stubby was in Get Fuzzy yesterday (thursday). I wish they would have stats on how many bites per number of dogs of a breed. Rotties seem to be responsible a lot (not trying to generalize) but they are much more scarce than pitties. You know what I mean? But because of all the BYB's it would be hard to pin down numbers of each breed..

I only found one spelling mistake so far... :o "sucseeded" in the 3rd paragraph 3rd line of the history page.... Sorry I'm anal.

Akeeter
October 8th, 2005, 12:19 AM
Very well done! :thumbs up

pitbulliest
October 8th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Ahh yes..I noticed that mistake too Prin...thanks for letting me know..and thanx for the feedback guys..like I said, three of the links are still incomplete...so if you have any good information to add on
"breeding"
"responsible ownership" or
"what you can do to help"

please do share :)

babyrocky1
October 8th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Great Site Pitbuliiest, WOW! It will be really useful to have everything in one place !

Prin
October 8th, 2005, 01:33 PM
How about "breeding: if you have to ask, don't do it at all." ;)
You could put the nopuppymills site in there too...

pitbulliest
October 8th, 2005, 03:46 PM
lol good idea...I'm trying to get all the information for that link together too..so if you guys have other stuff to share with me that I could include on the site.....the more info the better...

pitbulliest
October 9th, 2005, 08:07 AM
By the way. Some people have been saying that the font was too small..on my browser it looked fine...but I changed it anyways...is the font a good size now? And why is it different on different browsers anyways? :confused:

Prin
October 9th, 2005, 02:30 PM
I think it looks great. I didn't mind before, but now it is easier on the eyes. :)

chico2
October 9th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I was reading the story about Stephanie Ascott and her fight to keep her dog and am in awe as to what she has been going through and now might loose her beloved Pit,it's hard to believe that people and dogs can be treated as cruelly in this day and age.I certainly hope she'll win her case :fingerscr
Great site,by the way!

CyberKitten
October 9th, 2005, 04:46 PM
I like the Hero section. There is so much negative stuff out there on pitties - it's nice to see something postive.

pitbulliest
October 10th, 2005, 12:19 PM
I'm always looking for more..basically, its a site that combines all the good information I can find on various pitbull sites and put it together for everyone..

So I take it the font is ok now right?

Schwinn
October 11th, 2005, 08:51 AM
That site's awesome, Pitbullest. When you get a chance, I'd be interested to find out how you've been doing these great sites (maybe something in the Off-Topic forum?)

Oh, and for breeding...maybe just have the section load with a big DON'T!.

pitbulliest
October 12th, 2005, 12:29 AM
lol thanx Shwinn...I'll be happy to answer any questions you have...

I actually just finished the breeding section..but I won't be uploading until I finish the other two missing links..so keep checking up on it you guys :)

thanx for all the great comments and the support..PITTIE POWER! :D

Prin
October 12th, 2005, 12:35 AM
I just had to mention, that doggy on your home page is really 3-D looking. I think he licked me earlier. :D

BullLover
October 12th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Great site!

Good job!

Roxy's_MA
October 12th, 2005, 03:24 PM
What an awsome site! :thumbs up It looks like alot of hard work went into it. I absolutley love the pictures and really enjoyed the hero page.

seeker
October 12th, 2005, 07:58 PM
It looks like a lot of work. Great Job !

LL1
October 22nd, 2005, 08:49 PM
That looks really good!Only thing I would suggest would be adding the Ontario rescue but it looks great.

pitbulliest
October 22nd, 2005, 10:06 PM
Done!.... I added a small little section on the front page with some links about BILL 132...its enough to let people know what they need to do and whats going on... :) thanx for the comments!

babyrocky1
November 2nd, 2005, 10:28 PM
I was visiting your site and saw the bit about the forming of the co-op, its got just the right amount of info, thanks Pitbulliest, it lets people know that somethings coming but gives us time to figure some of the finer points out before we announce it. :)

pitbulliest
November 3rd, 2005, 01:48 PM
rocky...yeah I didn't want to put too much because we don't even want the entire pittie population meeting up just yet..lol Gawd knows there are alot of irresponsible ones out there :(

I kept it short and sweet, so that people who are interested can come to the forum and at least get some general info...:)

HEY...ANYONE wanna meet up on Wednesday or what?! lol :D

lezzpezz
November 3rd, 2005, 03:37 PM
It says copyright, but you are allowing me to print off and distribute the pamphlet, "The Pitbull 'Problem'? 'cause I most certainly will! :thumbs up

babyrocky1
November 3rd, 2005, 04:36 PM
rocky...yeah I didn't want to put too much because we don't even want the entire pittie population meeting up just yet..lol Gawd knows there are alot of irresponsible ones out there :(

I kept it short and sweet, so that people who are interested can come to the forum and at least get some general info...:)

HEY...ANYONE wanna meet up on Wednesday or what?! lol :DPitbulliest if you want to come down to my area, we could do a walk at four, Leashed and muzzled ofcourse, I willl have to find someone to cover part of my shift at work and I will come in late, Im at Bathurst and Queens Quay, I cant meet you anywhere at that time of day because it is rush hour and dogs are not allowed on the ttc. Your welcome to come to my apt. after we walk and let Messina get a rest from the muzzle and play with Rocky for a bit. If anyone else would like to join us you are also welcome...I need to know though cause I have to find someone to work for me. Even if its just Messina and Rocky, its a start and we need to start. Also it would give you a chance to see the gallery and the performance space. Jono and his wife have seen it already, I am revamping the idea of doing a fund-raiser! Maybe we could do some brainstorming while walking....its a nice walk, all by the lake.

gdamadg
November 3rd, 2005, 07:31 PM
:thumbs up That is a very well made website. You are doing a wonderful job.

pitbulliest
November 4th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Pitbulliest if you want to come down to my area, we could do a walk at four, Leashed and muzzled ofcourse, I willl have to find someone to cover part of my shift at work and I will come in late, Im at Bathurst and Queens Quay, I cant meet you anywhere at that time of day because it is rush hour and dogs are not allowed on the ttc. Your welcome to come to my apt. after we walk and let Messina get a rest from the muzzle and play with Rocky for a bit. If anyone else would like to join us you are also welcome...I need to know though cause I have to find someone to work for me. Even if its just Messina and Rocky, its a start and we need to start. Also it would give you a chance to see the gallery and the performance space. Jono and his wife have seen it already, I am revamping the idea of doing a fund-raiser! Maybe we could do some brainstorming while walking....its a nice walk, all by the lake.

I was actually thinking the same thing...maybe we could eventually start another organization...its amazing how much influencing of political decisions you can do in large numbers...ahh..maybe its just a dream..

But I definately think brainstorming won't hurt...and I'd love to hear more about the fund-raising.. :) YAY..I'm getting so excited..hehe..messina's first blind date...

babyrocky1
November 4th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Im looking forward to it too...Im really hoping a date will lift Rockys spirits...hes so sad with that darn thing on his face, maybe if he sees a pretty pitty wearing one he will come around LOL Pittie :party:

BullLover
November 4th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Im looking forward to it too...Im really hoping a date will lift Rockys spirits...hes so sad with that darn thing on his face, maybe if he sees a pretty pitty wearing one he will come around LOL Pittie :party:

Go Toronto Go!!! Glad you guys are getting together for walks with the pitties!!! :party: