Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Joey won't kiss me.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 7th, 2005, 08:54 PM
This may seem strange, but Joey does not like to lick or give kisses. He will sit on your lap and enjoys being patted, and will sort of lick his lips when he his being affectionate. He will even jump on you when invited and put his head right next to yours and sniff your ear. But just wont straight out give you a big sloppy dog kiss. I don't know whether they trained him not to do this, or if he is a bit more reserved. Does anyone elses dog hold back in this department.

StaceyB
October 7th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Not to worry, he may not be the kissing type or as you had mentioned someone may have corrected him from doing this sometime in his past 6 yrs.

Prin
October 7th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Jemma rarely licks and I love it. I hate licking. No matter how many dogs I have been around, cold saliva just is not my bag. :D

Puppyluv
October 7th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Maybe he doesn't like to kiss on the first date, or maybe you had too much garlic at dinner time :D
No but really, my friend's golden wouldn't kiss you even if you had bacon between your lips (ok well maybe he would then.... but you catch my drift), but other than that he's a really affectionate dog. You know how some people (ie non-pet owners) think you're nuts for trying to kiss your dog? Maybe Joey's the dog equivalent of them, and thinks the other dogs are crazy for trying to kiss their people.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 7th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Okay so I wont be smearing bacon grease on my face, and saying Kiss me Joey, Kiss me Joey.......Good Boy Joey.

Actually I think his kisses are in his tail. thump,thump,thump,thump thump, thump.

StaceyB
October 7th, 2005, 09:17 PM
You may not want to do that. I have been given the tongue so many times from kissing dogs that if it were from men I would be considered a s**t. The worst is that you never expect it, it comes out of nowhere.

mafiaprincess
October 7th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Mine kisses or tries to do doggie cpr.. If I'm coughing she trys to shove her tongue down my throat.. be thankful yours doesn't do that.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 7th, 2005, 10:19 PM
I think its because Joey is English, arent english generally more refined than us Canadians and Americans. :rolleyes:
If he were an american cocker I am sure he would be slobbering all over me. :rolleyes:

Puppyluv
October 7th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Joey used to show right? Maybe he was taught not to kiss, since the judges would often have their faces near him, and a kiss may not help the judging.

StaceyB
October 7th, 2005, 10:40 PM
That is quite possible.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 7th, 2005, 10:59 PM
That is quite possible I never thought of that. I will ask his former owner the next time I contact her.