Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog parks in St. Leonard(montreal)

jiorji
October 7th, 2005, 05:02 PM
anyone live in St. Leonard that knows of dog parks??

I don't have a car and can't go outside of St. Leonard. ok maybe when I get my doggie it'll get treated to a taxi ride to a big doggie park further away once a month or so (maybe more in summer) lol

can dogs go in any park as long as they're on leash? There;s this one park not far from my building and there's a sign that says no dogs, yet i saw dogs getting walked there. Very puzzling. Are signs in Montreal only there for decoration?? lol

:pawprint:

maddoxies
October 10th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Hi
There is a dog park on Langelier, south of the Walmart.

Send me a pm, I live in St Leonard and have a van.

The signs aren't for decoration, it just depends if you have cranky neighbours like mine or others that don't have the city on speed dial.

coppperbelle
October 10th, 2005, 03:56 PM
I live on the south shore and my house is located right next to a beautiful park. In the summer I wouldn't think of bringing the dogs there because it is full of kids and soccer games but in the fall and winter it is empty. I sometimes bring the dogs for a game of fetch but only in the evening so no one will see me. I was warned once that there is a $300.00 fine if caught. :mad:
Seems ridiculous because no one is using the park and I always have a bag just in case. They opened up a dog park in my city but it takes me 30 minutes to drive there.

Prin
October 11th, 2005, 12:44 AM
You might have a bag, but the other 30 people who pass through overnight don't. Yey for irresponsible dog owners (sarcasm, obviously).

We used to have a baseball diamond in Ahuntsic where all the dog owners would meet on Saturday mornings, and ONE person didn't pick up ever, and now it's closed to doggies. :rolleyes:

Jiorji, the doggy cops in Montreal don't pass by often enough for people to care, but when they finally do... Whoooeee! :eek: :D That's when you need the "co-leash" so you can just unravel it and have a leash with no clipping... (It's a collar that continues into a leash and you can velcro the leash around the collar when you aren't using it.)