Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Dog Circles when Pooping

RRLover
October 7th, 2005, 04:48 PM
I don't know if this should be under training or not... anyway, I have a 4.5yo Rhodesian Ridgeback and instead of pooping in 1 place, he'll poop, then squat-walk around a little, poo some more and so on, until finally when hes done - instead of having 1 spot to clean up, I have 3 or 4. It DRIVES ME NUTS! Anyone else ever seen this, know what to do?

Roxy's_MA
October 7th, 2005, 04:50 PM
My dog does this as well. I haven't yet figured out a fix to the problem other than get used to it. It like they need to leave a trail of poo instead of a pile.

StaceyB
October 7th, 2005, 05:10 PM
You could attempt to stand in front of him when he starts to try and stop him from moving once he starts.

Dog Dancer
October 7th, 2005, 05:26 PM
I sing that song - They call the wanderer - when Halo travels while going. My BF tries to hold her leash tight so she can't travel, but that just scares her and she swings her bum real fast and then stops going. :rolleyes: I just follow her around and clean it up. It's harder at night when it's dark, but I have trained her to go in the front yard before we walk for the most part. The walk is just for fun for her. Shadow won't go in the yard except to piddle so the walk is about business for Shadow.

LavenderRott
October 7th, 2005, 06:31 PM
LOL! My Chase used to do that! It never occurred to me to try to teach her different.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 7th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Joey does that too. Then he kicks all the dirt or grass right in my direction growling heavily at the same time. :)

Chiceh
October 7th, 2005, 07:13 PM
You think you have frustrations, I hear ya. I have 2 Labs around the same age. Yet they poop totally different. Chester the Black Lab poops like yours around, and around and dropping poop everywhere. Bosco the white one poops in a nice pile....but... I have to be right there to pick it up before Chester eats it......Oh it is so gross! yack. He litterally follows him around sniffing at his bum and would eat it right away if I wasn't there. Any suggestions for that?
Chiceh :crazy:

StaceyB
October 7th, 2005, 07:24 PM
You could try giving Bosco deter. This will make it taste disgusting and may lol deter Chester from eating it.

Chiceh
October 7th, 2005, 07:28 PM
LOL, Thanks.

LoNScamp
October 7th, 2005, 07:45 PM
You think you have frustrations, I hear ya. I have 2 Labs around the same age. Yet they poop totally different. Chester the Black Lab poops like yours around, and around and dropping poop everywhere. Bosco the white one poops in a nice pile....but... I have to be right there to pick it up before Chester eats it......Oh it is so gross! yack. He litterally follows him around sniffing at his bum and would eat it right away if I wasn't there. Any suggestions for that?

Poor you. LOL, Lola moves when she pees and poops, never occured to me to try and stop her, I've seen may dogs do it. I take a flashlight with me when we go for a walk in the dark so I can find ALL of what she's done. Sometimes, not all the time, she'll "clean up after herself" in the backyard only, if I don't clean it up right away.

The worst part is when they come up to you stick thier face in yours and want to give you a kiss, YUCK. At least she doesn't clean litter pans or clean up after other dogs or cats outside.

the gang
October 7th, 2005, 07:53 PM
where do i get this bosco ?and what is eat? my min pin diesel eats poop and i am out 3 to 4 times a day picking the poop up ,as i have 3 min pins the others dont bother with it but diesel waits and yes its gross so if i can i would LOVE to stop this thanks brenda.