Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How "fussy" are you about your car?

Shamrock
October 7th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Lately Ive been finding tell-tale pawprints of the nightime prowlers.. neighbourhood cats all over the hood of my car. This does annoy me - but an aggravation that I cant do much about. Cats gotta climb.

My car is neat, but I see those who always keep their vehicles totally immaculate - gleaming inside and out.. Not a trace of dust, not a wrapper to be found.
Then I see the flip side - the "lived in" cars. ;)

I have heard that the contents of a woman's purse is a good indicator of how she keeps her house. :eek: but dont know if that is necessarily true...or applies to cars also.

Are you fastidious or casual when it comes to your vehicle?

chico2
October 7th, 2005, 04:03 PM
I as a rule never eat in the car,usually don't drink either,unless we are on a long drive.
I am one of those people with the inside looking like new even if our cars are 1998 and 99,I just cringe when I have to get into a car with remnants of McDonald or Tim Horton in it.
I have a few birdfeeders and usually have about 30 pigeons visiting,so I am constantly cleaning bird-poop.But like I say to hubby"that's nature!!" :D

LavenderRott
October 7th, 2005, 04:04 PM
OMG!! Trust me, you don't want to see the inside of my van! It is on the list of things to get cleaned out this weekend.

Roxy's_MA
October 7th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Well, I don't have garbage piled in my car, but I admit it is very dusty right now and the windows need to be cleaned. The outside of the car is clean at the moment. It hard when you drive gravel roads everyday to keep the car clean.

chico2
October 7th, 2005, 04:08 PM
I can understand if you have dogs,your car would not stay clean long. I would let people eat in my car,just don't leave the garbage behind :evil:
Have fun cleaning the van :D

jjgeonerd
October 7th, 2005, 04:08 PM
I HATE cats walking on my car. I don't keep it spotless, but if I scratch it it's my fault and I can't blame anyone but myself. A cat on the other hand...

I may get a hard time about this, but I hate when cats are allowed to roam the neighborhood. My dog can't roam, cats shouldn't be allowed to either.

chico2
October 7th, 2005, 04:13 PM
jjeonard,I agree with you there,although I am a cat owner,but more for the cats own safety.
We had something similar to dog-laws proposed for cats here in Oakville(liscense,leash etc..),but I guess it never went through.However I seldom see a roaming cat here.

Prin
October 7th, 2005, 04:14 PM
I'm getting more anal about my car.. When we lived in the city, my car would get hit at least once a week. A bus took off the side of my car while my bf and I went for a walk. :eek: So I stopped caring. But now that we have a driveway and my car has a new tranny, I'm a bit more careful. I eat in the car all the time (I can't eat in public still... :o ) but when I get out, I take the garbage with me.

My back seat is a disaster though. A 90lb doggy pacing on 8 year old leather, with 8 year old thread... The seams are all open. :( One day I'll fork out the $600 to replace the leather (I have to figure out how to adequately cover it first).

jiorji
October 7th, 2005, 04:40 PM
I eat in the car all the time (I can't eat in public still... :o )

i hate eating in public. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I find that people stare a lot on the subway or bus. Well not like there's anything else to do lol, but I get all self conscious about the way i eat when ppl stare so I don't do it anymore lol

but back to cars...........I'VE BEEN REUNITED WITH MY CAR!!!!
sigh..........*violins playing in background*...well i'm visiting my parents and to think i'd be more excited about that. Nope!! i got to drive my baby today!!!
I was told my mom wanted to remove my bumper stickers and dad said no. scuse me?? those bumper stickers are what holds the car together!!! you pull one off and paint and metal come off too.

we won't even talk about the exterior. I used to practically live in the car, kitchen stuff and clothes lol

at times, one could find month old food in the car :D *nervous laughter*
too lazy to get picture right now but oh i will!! :evil:

StaceyB
October 7th, 2005, 04:47 PM
I agree with the cats running free and in most cities there are by-laws against it.

Rick C
October 7th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Totally sloppy . . . . wash the vehicle a few times by hose in the summer and never in the winter, pull a garbage can out of the garage every few weeks to get the pop cans, juice containers and chip bags, vacuum it for dog hair a few times a year, and every few weeks I pile it high with grass clippings, garbage, wood, what not and so forth to go to the dump . . . . . the dogs and I go on to many muddy adventures to bother with neatness.

Carol keeps her vehicle immaculate . . . . so if we have someplace fancy to go, that's the one we use.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Bearsmom
October 7th, 2005, 05:37 PM
When I was single and childless, I used to have a "showroom condition" car.

Now with a two year old who LOVES to fling his Cheerios/snacks all over the place, a shepherd mix puppy who's a barfer every car ride, and a astiff mix who MUST hang his head out of the car windows, which results in the drool streaks down the windows, I've pretty much given up on sparkly vehicles.

Oh, well.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 7th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Actually my Van gets pretty bad. But I try to clean it out everyday. My husbands SUV was pretty bad too with the kids and stuff. He took it to work to do a catering job and they spilled cream sauce all over the back. WE had it detailed and now it is spotless and smells like new. So I told him to take the Van next time and spill sauce in it so I can have it detailed too.

melanie
October 9th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Prin
I eat in the car all the time (I can't eat in public still... )

then quote jiorji ''i hate eating in public. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I find that people stare a lot on the subway or bus. Well not like there's anything else to do lol, but I get all self conscious about the way i eat when ppl stare so I don't do it anymore lol'

hey freaky me too, i hate eating in public for many reasons and most totally unvalid (i have never judged ppl eating out though, but for some reason i expect it to happen to me) but im getting better and actually ate fries while walking to the shops, wild, hey jiorji have you ever had a eating disorder, even if slight???? i wonder if thats why we do it, hmmmmmmm.

cars, well i love mine but its always full of stupid dog hair, and some days its so bad you drive with it swirling around you, if only magic faries would brush my dog, maybe i could, but nah i want faries.

ah i eat in the car, but if ppl leave rubbish i go crazy at them, my car is not a waste recepticle, its a vehicle :D but i like to keep it clean, mainly so i dont have to clean it as often i suppose. :D

Prin
October 9th, 2005, 08:18 PM
i hate eating in public. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I find that people stare a lot on the subway or bus. hey freaky me too, i hate eating in public for many reasons and most totally unvalid
Who would have throught that by airing out your own neuroses, you might find out they're normal eh? :p

CyberKitten
October 9th, 2005, 09:10 PM
I am pretty neat in the car - both the SUV and my mustang which is kind of my baby (even if it was a gift). I got a scratch on it when I parked in the parking garage - on 9/11 (01) at the hospital - I was upset since we still had not located my sister - who had been in the WTC area on that fateful day. I actually went to the Canadian Tire to fix it and ensured my parking space would be in the executive lot in the front - not in the parking garage. I don't demand much but that was non negotiable!!!

Of course then I ran into Bullwinkle and the thing was a write off, lol Such is life - I suspect there is a moral in that somewhere. I do not eat in my vehicle if I can heplp it (when I go thru a drive thru, usually Tim's, I drink later. Tho I do use the cup holders in the car.

I do clean the car at least once a week but I pride myself on being not as anal as my parents. My mom parks a mile away from anyone in case someone might scracth her car. She does not trust ppl in parking lots to be careful of her vehicle. I park carefully but not a mile away.

My vehicles never have wrappers or any other stuff hanging around in them and I have kleenex boxes to clean up if soemone does drop smething or the cats manage to do anything.

I am no Suzie Homemaker but I do not like messy vehciles.

chico2
October 10th, 2005, 07:57 AM
I have never had the need to eat in the car,how can you enjoy a burger or anything else while driving??
Even driving down to SC,we never eat,until we stop at a restaurant..well,maybe I'll have a choclate bar and keep a bottle of water in the cupholder.
I too am certainly no Susie home-maker,with 3 cats I have a hairy home :D which often transfers to the car,but it's only hair...no leftover pizza...
A car today,costs mega $$$ and I like to keep it nice smelling and clean for a loong time..

Beaglemom
October 10th, 2005, 01:43 PM
My car is not immaculate all the time, but it is not messy either. I generally have gas receipts that once are entered into my car log book I throw out and I have a couple of magazines or reading material for when I'm waiting to pick up my husband. You will never find any food wrappers since I don't allow any drinking or eating in my car. The only liquid allowed is water. I can't stand stained seats!

When my dog goes in the car with me, she's only allowed in the back seat (for her protection) and I always use a seat cover or thick blanket. You may find some dog hair, but not much.

My husband's car is immaculate, inside and out. There's nothing in there that shouldn't be. No food or drinking allowed either.

AliSam
October 11th, 2005, 01:40 PM
I love a clean, immaculate, tidy car (not unlike my house). Both my cars are very dusty on the inside right now (and the truck has Sammie fur in the back) but they are tidy and there is no mess. I have shares in "Armour All" so I just need a nice comfortable day to go out and clean both of them up.