Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just watched "Off The Chain" Pitbull documentary

Georgiapeaches
October 6th, 2005, 05:11 PM
This video is so disturbing and sad. I can't believe I actually sat through it and watched it. The world of dog fighting is so large, it's hard to imagine.
What pitbulls deal with by these people is infuriating and heartbreaking.

I hugged my two extra tight after watching it. I wish the politicians would WAKE the heck up and do something about dog fighting rings.

If you haven't seen this video I suggest you do. Even with a few graphic scenes it is worth it to see. It is very educational and if the misinformed would watch it, I could see their views change that it is NOT the breed but the owner!

here is a link to the Humane Society of the United States summary of the film:

HSUS Off The Chain (http://www.hsus.org/hsus_field/animal_fighting_the_final_round/off_the_chain_reveals_betrayal_of_mans_best_friend _2.html)

babyrocky1
October 6th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the post GeorgiaPeaches, I cant watch that stuff at work, the moniter sucks, but ill try and get a look at it at home. Does it have a good moral ending? Cause if it doesn't Id rather not see it. Just re-read your post sounds like it has the right kind of perspective. I don't have any tolerance left for stupidity. Im still fuming over reading Akeeters teacher post :rolleyes:

Georgiapeaches
October 6th, 2005, 06:04 PM
You have to order the video on dvd to watch it. It has interviews with the women who runs PBRC, ACO's, "Dogmen" and various other people. It also shows various pitbull dogs.
There's a link on the HSUS site at the bottom of the linked page, click on it and it brings you to the Off the Chain website for ordering. The dvd is $14.95(usd).

Off the Chain video order site (http://offthechainproductions.com/store/index.php?cPath=1&osCsid=54b3330afc9c1da135f8c895ceae5365)

pitbulliest
October 7th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Is it a positive video...or is it grimmy and depressing?

StaceyB
October 7th, 2005, 08:51 PM
This is one of the main reason why these dogs are having such a difficult time. People only seem to take what they want from it. They refer to pits as being bred to fight and that may be true but they were never bred to fight people only other dogs.

lezzpezz
October 8th, 2005, 07:31 AM
GeorgiaP, do you think we could utilize this dvd as an educational tool here in London, perhaps via my dog group or some other method? Is it public performance? It would be interesting to show to the councillors! :eek:

Georgiapeaches
October 8th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Lezzer, that is a great idea!! The video does have a few graphic scenes so I don't think it could be showed to children. But, teenagers and adults could surely handle it. It does NOT glorify dog fighting. It shows the truth behind it and how the dogs are treated. It has people who are trying to make a difference in ending dog fighting and it shows some happy pitbulls that are owned by responsible people. It could completely be used as an educational tool. I would really love to see that done, as I know there is dog fighting in Southwestern Ontario and nothing is done about it :mad: .

lezzpezz
October 9th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Great! I'll keep this idea in my head and pull it out for future use. Thanks for the offer to utilize this. Don't know exactly where or when, but I think it could be of great use.

Hey, I forgot to give you some carrot cake yesterday! Oh well, it wasn't all that great anyway! :o