Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rebutting a butthead

lezzpezz
October 6th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Well, I musta had too much coffee, 'cause I am all over a commenter on a website called www.altlondon.org re: pitbulls. Feel free to back me up on this one....the more the merrier!! Read by many in London, so it's a good way to inform the public with FACTS!! not fiction :thumbs up

If you go to the site and go to "What's New", look for "comments" and click on "Pit Bulls and Politics" you will see some comments. I'm using "Tootsie" as my pen name on that site.

Gosh there's a lot of dummies out there.......

Akeeter
October 6th, 2005, 11:42 AM
(home grown!) who will likely be released back into their area sometime soon? He's done his time, & his times up.

But heck No! Let's worry about dogs, instead. :confused:

Georgiapeaches
October 6th, 2005, 12:04 PM
responded to it, but sometimes people just like being ignorant!

lezzpezz
October 6th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Well done GP! Awesome facts and well written....I know that some folks have their ideas already fused into their minds and won't budge, but it's worth a shot. Perhaps 2 letters of the same chord will alter DansDads' perception and he may even give it some thought...who knows......at least we tried. Thanks for the backup!

Georgiapeaches
October 6th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Hey Lezzer, I just saw your posting on there about the new off leash dog park. Can I bring mine, even if they are leashed?
Oh and how do you become a member of the LODA?

lezzpezz
October 6th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Yup! You sure can bring your dog, leash and all.....all welcome!! Just talked to Beth the President about this very issue and we figured ALL dogs are welcome!

Is your dog microchipped?? We are having a $20 (cheap) mchipping clinic there for the first 50 dogs that are in need of one. 50 only! And pb's are required to have this done by law now, so if you need one, this would be the best time to get it at this cost. Usually around $40 or $50, I think. I have claimed 3 of the chips...one for each of my dogs. I will go over all of the stuff about the grand opening with you guys on Saturday.....and try not to bore you to tears :p

Georgiapeaches
October 6th, 2005, 01:12 PM
That's great microchipping is being offered at that low cost! Mine are already done with Avid chips.
I'm sure you won't bore us lol
Oh and it's at 12:30 right? I'm transporting a pb from Kitchener to London Saturday morning so if we're a few minutes late don't worry we'll be there!!!

BullLover
October 6th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Only Sadie is done for me. I would love for Brutus and Zeus to get theirs done. They cost $48 each where I go.

BullLover
October 6th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Yup! You sure can bring your dog, leash and all.....all welcome!! Just talked to Beth the President about this very issue and we figured ALL dogs are welcome!
What time does this start?

lezzpezz
October 6th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Here's the blurb:

The London Dog Owners' Association invites all to attend the GRAND OPENING of the City of Londons' New Off Leash Park! on Sunday October 16th from noon to 4 p.m. located at Stoney Creek Dog Off Leash Park, Adelaide St. north of Windermere Rd.

Ribbon Cutting Ceremony: 1 p.m.;
Guest Speaker: Dog Behaviouralist John Wade;
Contests and talent events with prizes and refreshments!;
Microchipping clinic while supplies last!;
Pet photographer!
For more info, contact Beth Sayler at 453-9452 or visit our website at: www.londondogownersassociation.ca

lezzpezz
October 6th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Pow wow is this Saturday at my place around 12:30;

Leash free park opening is Sunday Oct. 16 from noon to 4....

See you guys there!!

lezzpezz
October 6th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Oh and how do you become a member of the LODA?

GeorgiaP, go to www.londondogownersassociation.ca (our website) and you will see who we are and what we do. Basically, you can attend any meeting but in order to have voting rights, you need to pay $20 annual membership fee. The main goal of the group is to make more off leash areas in the city for the dogs and to teach responsible dog ownership. I can tell ya all about it on Saturday, and bore you to tears even further!!! :p