Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Any baseball Fans Here?

CyberKitten
October 5th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Long suffering Red Sox fan that I am, I was thrilled when the Red Sox managed to make it to the post season as the wild card only to be down two games to the Chicago White Sox while their arch rival the New York Yankees are easily defeating the team once owned by Gene Autry. So my bf and I watch the games and so one sided have the Red Sox games become - in the White Sox favour - that I wonder over to the laptop and multitask.

But ya gotta believe, right?

Any other fans of the grand old game here?

jjgeonerd
October 6th, 2005, 11:03 AM
I HATE the Red Sox AND the Yankees! :D My happiest day this season was when the Sox announced Foulke was done for the year. HA My second happiest will be when the White Sox eliminate the Red Sux, and third when the Angels elminate the Yankees!

BTW...I'm a disgruntled A's fan. :) You guys keep stealing all of our players! ;)

Rick C
October 6th, 2005, 12:04 PM
I was a huge baseball fan through the 70's and 80's then lightened up a bit when my beloved Expos struggled . . . . When the Expos were hosed in 1994 by the lockout, I dived out of baseball for almost a decade.

I've also openly mocked the home run records of Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, etc and fervently believe Roger Maris is still the king!!!

I do get into baseball in the playoffs though . . . . its great fall television. When there isn't a hockey game on. :sorry:

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Luvmypit
October 6th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Love the jays! Although not a great season still enjoyed watching the games. I have to follow at least one sport and since hockey wasn't around I watched almost every baseball game.

Soon as the pre season started we ordered Leafs TV and its been all over from there!