- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 


Puppy ate Fisherman Friend Tablets!!

October 5th, 2005, 07:07 PM
I left my tablets on the kitchen counter and my puppy got into them. They are the orginal extra strong fisherman's friend tablets!! :eek: My guess is he ate about 5-6 tablets.

They are strong cough tablets (although natural) with the following in them:

Active Ingredients: Menthol. Inactive Ingredients: Capsicum, Dextrin, Eucalyptus Oil, Natural Licorice, Sugar, Tragacanth

Should I take him to the vet right away or see if he has any problems?

Lucky Rescue
October 5th, 2005, 07:41 PM
I think you should call your vet and ask about the eucalyptus oil.

October 5th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Called the vets office emergency line and they told me to call poison control but not worry about it too much as it probably isn't serious.

Update: called the poison centre and they said he might just have an upset tummy. All is well now. :party:

Thanks for responding Lucky! :pawprint: