Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bali, did it make your news???

melanie
October 5th, 2005, 05:57 PM
welll again our neighbours ahve had alot of trouble and aussies have died, im sick of it it sucks and is just sad, not to metion it is destroying their economy. they rely on our tourist trade, its killing them.

did it make your news, or was it not important enough??? i have seen no mention of it anywhere on the board, it was a big event in our lives and im quite shocked its not mentioned by anyone.

so i think we need change-

its time we face violent ppl properly, not jsut say their crazy. their is a reason the extremists bomb, and i think its high time we address that issue and try to stop more young ppl entering it. i dont want the violent ppl bombed, violence only begats violence.

but its high time we start looking at the reasons here, religions conflict, the desire to make indonesia a muslim state, brain washing, not knowing any other life or hate, feeling like a minority who need to get a msg across even if it is wrong and so on and so on. perhaps if we removed our stupid armies from their nations and give back the power of self determination, perhaps that will help.

i think its high time we take another look at how we are treating this situation, current tactics obviously dont work, lets reassess how we treat these violent ppl and perhaps try to actually use our brains instead of brawn to get them to stop..... food for thought....

its jsut tooo sad.....
aussie armies out of muslim countires NOW... perhaps this is our karma, for stickingo ur noses in wehre its not wanted to secure cheaper oil. oh so sad...l..........

AUSSIES out now. :mad: that would be a start. i wanta go and hide and never look at humans again.........

jjgeonerd
October 5th, 2005, 06:13 PM
It made our news...as did the Islamic extremists killing the four Thai soldiers as they were eating dinner. Sad news. I have no idea what the answer is, but I fear we will be dealing with this for years to come.

melanie
October 5th, 2005, 06:40 PM
yes those soldiers, its terible, jsut to think that one gets killed eating thier nightly meal, mmmmmmm, its sick. but they were soldiers, not touirsts, soldiers are targets jsut by being in that job or wearing a silly uniform... but tht does not make it right.....

it can be stopped, it wont go on for years if the powers that be deem it to stop, i know that aussies would not be a target if johnny howard grew a brain and stopped bullying everyone, i say its time we start doing and stop talking or inviading.... i hate bullies on both sides.... crap it sucks.....

i want our soldiers back here alive NOW< not dead one by one in body bags which is what is happening..

i want it all to stop, i want extremists of all kinds (that includes john howard and his ideas) to be gone, jsut like that. and we can do it, we jsut need to use our brains a bit more..... my priminister is a bully and sadly what goes around comes around....

too sad.....

CyberKitten
October 5th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Yes it made our news but then we tend to watch CNN and the BBC. But it was on CBC (what was left of CBC during their strike) and CTV - Cdn broadcasters. I know Mel - it gets scarier and scarier. My mom never used to worry too much about my sisters and I travelling and now she worries ALL the time we are away. Granted, my sister was at the World Trade Center area on 9-11 so that did not help. It certainly gives one pause.

I never understood why some politicians could never see that the Iraq war would create an entire new generation of terrorists. Like we needed more????