Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Going to have to ween myself off pets.ca

Dogastrophe
October 5th, 2005, 01:15 PM
For the next two weeks I need to work at weening myself off this forum. Not because I want to, but rather because I have to. :sad: As of this morning I have resigned my cushy government job to take a position with a private sector company. As a result, the 4 to 5 hours a day I spend with this forum running in the background and the ability to check for new posts every 15 mins are just about up.

I hope to get on as often as I can in the evenings / weekends. As well, I will keep trying to post as many pics of Monty, Lucy and Jack as I can.

Catch you all in the funny papers.

Cheers,

:party:

Rick C
October 5th, 2005, 01:17 PM
No one should have to sacrifice the internet merely to work. :grouphug:

. . . . . . wisdom as written from my office computer in my cushy private sector job. :highfive:

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Dogastrophe
October 5th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Ha ha, normally that would be true, however, best I can tell, my internet access will be far more limited than it presently is from my "I can't believe this is what passes for work" government job.

:pawprint:

shannonRN
October 5th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Gosh, that is a harsh dose of reality for sure. I'm sure you will find ways to get your fix, and evenings and weekends aren't too bad--once you make it past the initial withdrawal. I'm very sorry most of all to hear that you will have to work at work. What prompted your resignation?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 5th, 2005, 02:10 PM
If I go in the internet at work its instant firing. So I to have to save my pets.ca time for home time, and I also need to compete with hubby and kids. Of course this forum is far more improtant than anything they are doing. You will cope I know you will. It gets easier with time. :)

Writing4Fun
October 5th, 2005, 03:32 PM
...and I also need to compete with hubby and kids...
My solution ... home network/multiple computers. ;)

BeagleMum
October 5th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Ya, I really need to do that myself. I am hooked on here. I was ok for a while and I am bad again. I have it in my background all the time and am checking it more than I am working lately. :crazy:

Prin
October 5th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Just go back to school. All that procrastination time is spent here... :D

I hope your new job works out. (If it really works out, we'll probably start seeing you here again, eh?)

Dogastrophe
October 6th, 2005, 08:04 AM
I'm moving from a (relatively boring) financial analyst job to a quality control manager position with a local manufacturing company (getting back to using my engineering degree). Job will involve a lot of "plant" time, thus not a lot of desk time.

Prin, I did the university thing for 9 years -- best job in town, if only it paid better! I'll still be around, just not for 8+ hours a day :)