Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bannedaid collecting information for Clayton Ruby

Conners
October 4th, 2005, 08:27 PM
BANNEDAID (http://bannedaid.com/harassment/index.php) is collecting data for Clayton Ruby regarding harassment by general public to officials for Pit bulls to other breeds. They are also looking for lawyers for information. I believe it is for answering some of the questions that us pittie owners may have regarding the laws as Clayton Ruby naturally is busy spending his time on the case.

Akeeter
October 6th, 2005, 11:32 AM
http://www.goodpooch.com/attackreports.htm

Relates incidents of aggression toward Pittys, Staffys, & other dogs & owners by general, & occasionally violent idiots. Some of the dogs listed here are not Pittys, or any of the breeds listed by Bryant. They probably do not even look like 'pit bulls' ...? Go figure... :crazy:

:mad: (I would like to relate one incident that happened to one of my daughter's school friends. The students were given a assignment to design & market a product. They were told to design the packaging for the product.)
The student did a dog treats product & on her package put an image of her own rescued Pit Bull. The teacher jumped all over her, cuz yah know 'Pit Bulls are an unacceptable image to market a product because they are Bad Dogs'. I think the teacher also failed the student's project. ( 'And displayed herself as bigotted fool.)
I think if the student ever really did market dog treats with a Pitty on the box & designated a percentage of profits to anti-BSL action, she would likely do Very Well. ( "Over 70,000 signature on that Toronto Humane Society anti-BSL petition" !)
The same student also got a lot of student harrassment & no teacher support when trying to defend anti-BSL & Pit Bulls in the classroom when Bill 132 first came on the horizon. (The dog she has is the family's 2nd. rescued Pit Bull & they got her after the 1st one died from cancer. She didn't get much classroom sympathy over the death of their 1st Pitty either, even though both dogs are/were friendly & well socialized.) :sad:

Luvmypit
October 6th, 2005, 11:58 AM
If I were her parent I would have been at the school pee'd off to no end. I really thinkthis mother should go in and basically let them know that the teachers actions were unfounded and detrimental to their child.

And also throw the word ignorant in there also.

Me and Kayla
October 6th, 2005, 01:08 PM
If I were her parent I would have been at the school pee'd off to no end. I really thinkthis mother should go in and basically let them know that the teachers actions were unfounded and detrimental to their child.

And also throw the word ignorant in there also.

I totally agree. If it were me, I would have lodged a complaint with the school principal and the school board and the police, for that teacher's actions and lack of support to the student. She has, by her actions, influenced the possible harrassment of that child and compromised her safety IMO.

Me and Kayla

babyrocky1
October 6th, 2005, 05:06 PM
I totally agree. If it were me, I would have lodged a complaint with the school principal and the school board and the police, for that teacher's actions and lack of support to the student. She has, by her actions, influenced the possible harrassment of that child and compromised her safety IMO.

Me and KaylaExactly and don't forget the school superintendant and the trustee! That behaviour is discusting!

Schwinn
October 7th, 2005, 10:38 AM
I'd be in there with Cheryl, probably with her holding a muzzle, not for Daisy, but for me. I don't have a problem with the mis-informed, but I have a problem with idiots, especially ones that are supposed to be teaching our children. I'd be in everyone's face until I knew that she was going to be called on the carpet for being incompetant in her job.

Or maybe I'm just a little emotional. :D

Conners
October 7th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I'd be in there with Cheryl, probably with her holding a muzzle, not for Daisy, but for me. I don't have a problem with the mis-informed, but I have a problem with idiots, especially ones that are supposed to be teaching our children. I'd be in everyone's face until I knew that she was going to be called on the carpet for being incompetant in her job.

Or maybe I'm just a little emotional. :D
No! I totally agree with you Schwinn. These professionals are trained to take care of our kids during school hours in their best interest. This is no way for a teacher to act, or anyone else for that matter...but particularly a teacher. If we can't trust the teachers to set good examples, then put their heads on the chopping block. The emotional trama that this one incident could promote could leave a lasting impression on the student. Amd what example is that to the other students. Personally, I LIKE her idea of her pet being on the packaging. We need MORE positive exposure to them and leave it to a child to promote her own pet, not because of breed, but because she loves her pet. *sheesh* People sure don't get it, do they???!!!

Schwinn
October 7th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Maybe for her next project, she can market dunce caps, put her teacher's picture on the packaging...

pitbulliest
October 7th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Give us an update...I want to know if the parent went to the school and raised a little hell..I sure would have!

Akeeter
October 8th, 2005, 01:11 AM
I ended up calling the school last term cuz a Shop teacher yanked my own kid's art project that was on display in the school hall, & tried to throw it in the garbage! :mad: (Luckily, the whole thing was seen by another teacher who alerted the head of the Art dept., & she rescued the picture. :o ) This would have cost her a lot of her term mark. (If it's stolen, even after the teacher has seen it, the artist loses the marks! Go figure!? The same thing happened 2 years ago to the kid who owns the Pit bull, & she lost all those marks because of a thief. :confused: )

I've done trying to make sense out of that school. :crazy: I wonder if this girl's parents feel the same way?

Conners
October 8th, 2005, 02:23 AM
I ended up calling the school last term cuz a Shop teacher yanked my own kid's art project that was on display in the school hall, & tried to throw it in the garbage! :mad: (Luckily, the whole thing was seen by another teacher who alerted the head of the Art dept., & she rescued the picture. :o ) This would have cost her a lot of her term mark. (If it's stolen, even after the teacher has seen it, the artist loses the marks! Go figure!? The same thing happened 2 years ago to the kid who owns the Pit bull, & she lost all those marks because of a thief. :confused: )

I've done trying to make sense out of that school. :crazy: I wonder if this girl's parents feel the same way?
That is sooo unbelievable! That's thief! The teacher got reported no doubt... I hope! Did you call or go to the school to complain?
And the other girl. Keep us updated if you can.
I'd be raising a stink so badly that they would swear the troops just rolled in. I don't do so well defending myself, but when it comes to my family, my friends and my pets, I'm a tyrant.
My son went through something simular whereas a teacher made it hard for him and he was young at the time with ADD. The teacher called him STUPID! My poor son came home in tears asking if he was mentally retarded. I'm was so stunned and his face, well I couldn't take the hurt in his face. I called the school and wanted to have a meeting with the teacher and the principle.
I told them to check their records. He was NOT a problem child and definately NOT stupid.
While I spoke, the principle excused himself for a few minutes. Came back with his file and told the teacher everything I said was true. They both appologized to me, but I told them, it's NOT me you should be appologizing to, It's Michael.
After that Michael sid his teacher couldn't be any nicer to him, but WHY does it even have to come to this point? I asked him if the teacher appologized and he said yes, both him and the principle called him to the office (which he thought he was in trouble again) but said the both told him they were wrong and it was their fault for not looking at his report like they should have. Imagine! But no, I didn't not let it go. I stood my ground with them (all 5 ft of me) and got results.

Akeeter
October 11th, 2005, 11:07 PM
We got one of those phone recordings to tell us about on Saturday, but I suspect there won't be time for parent bee-atching. :sorry: (Something BIG must be up to contact all parents-!?)

Conners
October 11th, 2005, 11:36 PM
We got one of those phone recordings to tell us about on Saturday, but I suspect there won't be time for parent bee-atching. :sorry: (Something BIG must be up to contact all parents-!?)
You got a phone recording? That IS strange. Usually you'd get a letter. Secondly a Saturday. Hmmmm... And whatever it is, if it's not about that, I'd still voice my opinion regardless. Keep us posted after the meeting and good luck! :fingerscr