Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Behavioural oddities of the dog person

puppy4ever
October 4th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Here are some other behavioural oddities we exhibit how many can you catch yourself doing in the next 24 hours? Check them off, then rate yourself according to the scores below.

-you describe the details of your dog's last bowel movement to a fellow dog person.

-you describe the details of your dog's last bowel movement to a non-dog person.

-you have six baby gates in strategic locations in your house, but no babies

-the bathroom wastepaper basket lives in the bathtub

-your dog eats cat or horse poop and you still let her lick your face

-you have a dog treat and a plastic bag in every pocket of every jacket or coat you own

-you have recent pictures of your dog in your wallet but the ones of the kids are eight years old.

-the back seat of your car contains enough dog hair to knit another dog

-you pick up your photos at the drug store and realize there isn't one person in all 24 shots

-you'll spend $120 on a new dog bed but get squeamish thinking about buying a new set of sheets for yourself.

-you plan your entire weekend around trips to the off-leash park

-you never wash your patio doors because the ever-increasing height of the puppy's nose prints works like a cool growth chart.

-you're too sick to go to work but not too sick to walk your dog

-you chose your minivan because all of the dog crates would fit into it nicely

-you happily take your dog shopping at the local pet store every Saturday morning but wouldn't enter a mall even if bribed

-you don't care if the neighbours hear you chanting, "Bailey, go potty!" over and over in the backyard at 4 am.

-when you sign anniversary and birthday cards,you draw a paw print and sign your dog's name under it.

-you wake up in the morning and the dog has hogged most of the space, all of the quilt, and two-thirds of the pillows.

-washing the car means clearing the nose prints off the inside of the windows so you can see.

-you put days of careful thought into choosing a name for your new dog, but wind up calling him "Pookie-Bear" most of the time.

Here are the results:
1- 5:you're a normal dog person
6-10:you're a normal dog person
11-15: you're a normal dog person
15-20: you're a normal dog person

(Found in ARF's newsletter)

BeagleMum
October 4th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Those are great, many of them apply to me. Thanks for posting. :crazy:

Lissa
October 4th, 2005, 02:52 PM
:D I love that! It was so funny...sometimes if I am the only person that does some of the things mentioned but obviously not!

I am so relieved that I am normal after all! :)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 4th, 2005, 04:03 PM
you have a dog treat and a plastic bag in every pocket of every jacket or coat you own

This one applies to me, I dont usually carry treats on me, but I always have plastic bags, they are usually in every pocket and in my purse, I will usually put his water dish in my pocket or in my purse too when we go out and bring some bottled water for him.

Prin
October 4th, 2005, 05:10 PM
washing the car means clearing the nose prints off the inside of the windows so you can see. This one.. For sure. I was getting scared because the first 10 or so weren't me and I was starting to wonder if I was a dog person or not!

mafiaprincess
October 4th, 2005, 09:24 PM
I was doing the same thing Prin.. and then I saw the 4am go potty chant.. That's so me.. *tear*

doggy lover
October 5th, 2005, 07:32 PM
My husband bought a $50,000 truck for our last dog, because the back seat could fold down into a bed and the dog was getting older. Sad thing is the dog had to be pts about 3 months after we bought the truck. As for Tucker he sits on the front seat, dog hair yes, nose print windows yes, oh hell most of them apply to us. LOL

Dogastrophe
October 6th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Those were great. Also reminded me that there was a link I wanted to post last week that dealt with dog owners. At the risk of hi-jacking this thread, the link is: www.dogowners.com

An excerpt from the hundred plus items

You know you are a dog owner when:

Onlookers grimace at the sight of you sharing your sandwich with your four-legged pal, bite for bite

Call long distance and talk with your dog.

Dog hair in food is just another spice.

If you are cold, you put a sweater on your dog.

Any conversation you're having is effortlessly directed back to the topic of dogs

Just so the cat people do not feel left out, www.catowner.com

LoNScamp
October 6th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Dogast. . & Puppies4 . . both of the lists are great. The best part is you can look at the list see yourself and laugh and say thank goodness I'm not the only one who does that. :D

WeeZee
October 6th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Too many applied :highfive:
I loved this!

puppy4ever
October 6th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Oh that was funny Dogastrophe!! :D Thanks for posting that!

I loved these the most:

You buy a $20.00 stuffed toy and within an hour you find toy stuffing all
over the yard. You and the dogs bow your heads in silent prayer.

You look at every poop in your yard before you pick it up making your
neighbors think you are weird. (What is even better is the looks on their
faces when you stuff the really fresh doodie into a plastic bag for safe
keeping until you can get to the vet's.)***

You meet other people with dogs, and remember their dog's call name after 30
seconds, but don't get the owner/handler's name until you've met them 2 or 3
times.

The sound of any liquid hitting the floor two rooms away at 3 a.m. Is enough
to launch you out of bed; but otherwise you can sleep through a ringing
telephone, the alarm clock, earthquake tremors, etc.

*** This combined with me doing the potty chant and getting really excited about the dirt in my backyard (another thread, trying to get my puppy to go potty on dirt) have definately landed me in the crazy book with my neighbours.