Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tim Hortons

StaceyB
October 3rd, 2005, 11:36 PM
Tims has a new drink, the hot smoothy. I am hooked on the english toffee capps. I drink so much I buy it in the cans so I can make it myself which is good for me because you will no longer be able to buy it by the cup. Anyway I thought I would try one of the new ones. It is actually pretty good, I am trying the raspberry one. There are about 6 flavours. They are vanilla base with specific flavours.

Prin
October 3rd, 2005, 11:43 PM
What is it? Like milk with vanilla and flavor?

StaceyB
October 3rd, 2005, 11:50 PM
It is kind of a light creamy. My husband picked it up for me so I didn't see how it was made. All I know is that it is a vanilla base, kind of like a hot thin shake. They add drops of the specific flavour to it. It is quite good.
I think it is made similar to the capps with water but I am not sure.

jiorji
October 4th, 2005, 01:53 AM
PHEW!!
I thought you were going to complain about tim's. I was ready to list the pros about Tim's. Do not anger the Ice Cap gods!! lol

*drool* Tim's...sigh..haven't had one lately..but I WILL!!..my Thanksgiving treat!!! :D :D

StaceyB
October 4th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Oh no, we love tims. I don't drink coffee unless I go out for breakfast but I like the english toffee every day and this new drink that I tried yesterday was really good. My daughter smelled the cup this morning and said it smelled like those cream/strawberry, cream/orange candies. I can't remember the name of them.

MollysMommy
October 4th, 2005, 10:14 AM
All I have to say is "Wow, there are a LOT of Tim Horton's in Canada." It's like McDonalds in the U.S.

BeagleMum
October 4th, 2005, 10:15 AM
I can't imagine a hot creamy fruity drink. I will have to try it. I haven't even heard of these before.

StaceyB
October 4th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Yesterday was the first day for them. The raspberry one is the only fruity one.

Puppyluv
October 4th, 2005, 10:24 AM
My daughter smelled the cup this morning and said it smelled like those cream/strawberry, cream/orange candies. I can't remember the name of them.
Campinos? I used to love those, and then, well overindulgence lead to me never wanting to see them again.
The drinks sound a lot like flavoured steam milk. Is that what they are? mmmmm Vanilla steamed milk is my favorite drink ever created... well except for maybe a pina colada :D

katy82
October 4th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Did you say that tims isn't having the English Toffee caps anymore?! I have one of those almost every day... :sad:

StaceyB
October 4th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Nope, no more. You will have to buy the cans now.

AliSam
October 4th, 2005, 12:25 PM
My hubby told me about the new drink. The way he described it made it sound gross, but I should maybe give it a try. I still really love my steeped tea and regular coffee.

jiorji
October 4th, 2005, 12:30 PM
All I have to say is "Wow, there are a LOT of Tim Horton's in Canada." It's like McDonalds in the U.S.

well we're very proud of our Tim's :D

Prin
October 4th, 2005, 12:34 PM
What's funny to me is supposedly Tim's is a very patriotic place for Canadians, but you come here in Qc, and they're full of French people, patriotic or not... :D

StaceyB
October 5th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Ok there are 4 flavours

Butter caramel, raspberry, hazlenut, orange.

SnowDancer
October 5th, 2005, 12:14 PM
I do not drink coffee or tea, but I decided that should I ever become a coffee drinker - which I won't because I hate the taste - I would drink just good old regular plain - but high quality of course - coffee! Guess who always gets the coffee chocolate?

SarahLynn123
October 5th, 2005, 05:59 PM
So are they getting rid of the french vanilla flavor aswell?
( :fingerscr please say no, please say no, :fingerscr )

StaceyB
October 5th, 2005, 06:18 PM
I don't like coffee all that much either. I think the last time I had one was 10 months ago.

Q about FV. I don't drink it but I think they are keeping that one.

CyberKitten
October 5th, 2005, 07:31 PM
I too was wondering about French Vanilla - that is my addiction at Tim's and I much prefer Tim's to Starbucks (except for some of the carmel drinks and the hazelnut biscotti and and,..lol). Please don't let them take away French Vanilla. I will personally go and visit Ron Joyce and demand he keep it, lol

We have not one but TWO Tim's in our hospital and if that is not enough, there is one up the street at the Student Union bldg and another down the street at another hospital. And there are several others on the next street too!!!! And each and every one of them are thriving - and there is a Starbucks at the Student Union bldg too plus a Second Cup outside the library, not the medical school library but the regular library. Lots of ceffeine for univ students, profs , medical workers and ppl visiting or in the hospital. We actually have a good agreement with Tim's - we get some of their profits so I park and take the elevator to that level ,grab my French Vanilla and head to the office. I hope that routine is not altered by someone taking away from flavour!!! Wahhhhhhhh!!

Rockblind
October 5th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Tims has a new drink, the hot smoothy. I am hooked on the english toffee capps. I drink so much I buy it in the cans so I can make it myself which is good for me because you will no longer be able to buy it by the cup. Anyway I thought I would try one of the new ones. It is actually pretty good, I am trying the raspberry one. There are about 6 flavours. They are vanilla base with specific flavours.

My daughter picked me up the Rasberry one and it is goooood!!

StaceyB
October 5th, 2005, 09:55 PM
I tried the butter caramel today, I like the raspberry one a lot more.

Puppyluv
October 5th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Are they just favoured steamed milk? I'm very curious.

CyberKitten
October 5th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Are they like Starbucks' Caramel Latte or are they more like Orange Julius, which of course is not milk at all but at this late hr when I should be in bed us all that comes to mind. I also like a drink (2% milk) that a local dairy produces that is milk in different flavours - in addition to chocolate, there is banana, strawberry and vanilla. I am a kid at heart I think - or else I spend too much time around little ones under the age of 16, lol

StaceyB
October 5th, 2005, 10:15 PM
From what I understand it is water based with a vanilla flavouring like the capps and made the same way but they are a little more creamy. Then they add the specific flavour to it, like raspberry.

Prin
October 6th, 2005, 12:42 AM
I have to ask, for those of you who make your drink at home, do you use water or milk?

StaceyB
October 6th, 2005, 12:44 AM
English toffee?
I use water.

Prin
October 6th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Really? Does it taste good with water? I just found, after working in a café that water just couldn't cut it anymore for my hot chocolate. So now, after putting the power in the cup, I pour about 1/3 of the cup full of milk (cold), whip it up REALLY well with the powder with a long spoon and then while continuing to stir vigorously, fill the rest with boiling water... The faster you stir, the more foamy it gets. I also find that powder drinks come out better if you use a cup shaped like a "V"- with a narrower bottom than top. It makes kind of a vortex while you stir and sends frothiness to the top...

I don't know if your drink would be better with water or milk, but if it's good with steamed milk, this might be the happy middle... ;)

My peeps be lovin' my hotC... :o Seriously, it comes out tasty, without the skin that can form when you cook milk in a pot.. :yuck:

Just thought I'd share with those of you who don't have steamers.

Puppyluv
October 6th, 2005, 07:06 AM
I think that when you make it on your own, it tastes good with water until you try it with milk, and then you can never go back. I'm a huge chai drinker; have been for about 7 years now. I used to get/make them with half water half milk, then one day I tried it with all milk :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up water has never graced my chai again. :D

StaceyB
October 6th, 2005, 07:42 AM
I use milk ith my hot chocolate also.