Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sad news for family member of Joey E, Cocker

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 3rd, 2005, 08:03 PM
I just got home and found out my niece has just lost her baby. He was full term. Her baby had stopped kicking then it died before it was born. My sister her mom was diagnosed with pancreas cancer a year ago. After receiving an amazing treatment she is now pretty much cured her tumour has shrunk to the size of a speck.This is so tragic for them I feel so horrible, after what she has gone through its supposed to be a happy time in their lifes

In our family my parents had eight kids, 23 grandkids, and this was the third great grandchild with one more still on the way. Its the first time anything like this has happened to us. I know life goes on but it does suck sometimes.

Prin
October 3rd, 2005, 08:10 PM
I'm sorry for your loss! That's really terrible. I have to say though, I have an aunt that recently finished with pancreatic cancer, and the chances of getting better are so slim. The fact that my auntie and your sister got through it is really incredible and we should be endlessly grateful... But I know, not now. :sorry:

StaceyB
October 3rd, 2005, 08:36 PM
I am so sorry to hear that, was it their first. You need to go to a spa or something, the stress just keeps getting worse for you.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 3rd, 2005, 11:31 PM
Yes it was their first, They were all coping as well as can be. The worst part is now her milk has come in and no baby to feed.

StaceyB
October 3rd, 2005, 11:44 PM
Oh, that is awful. This may sound stupid but are you able to donate your milk to say premature babies that may benefit from it. It may not be something she could handle and I don't even know if they even do it. I thought that if she could help another baby it may help to cope with her loss, or make it worse. I don't know just a thought. I don't know how I would handle it.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 3rd, 2005, 11:55 PM
I dont either, apparently she is now using frozen cabbbage leaves to stop the milk, apparently its working. I called them to see how they are doing, but its so hard to find the right words. Its supposed to be such a happy time and you carry it for 9 months then come home empty handed. She had to deliver the baby as well knowing it was not alive. She then held it for about a half hour they even named him Ford.

JaydeDoggie
October 4th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Born Sleeping ... he was an angel made to great for this world.
http://img4.picsplace.to/img4/7/2infant003.gif

God Speed little Ford

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 4th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Thank you thats very beautiful.

TobsterMom
October 4th, 2005, 07:56 AM
That's so sad to hear. :sorry:
All my thoughts and prayers.

Writing4Fun
October 4th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Oh, gosh. There are truly no words. My deepest condolences to your niece and your family. :sorry: :sad:

MollysMommy
October 4th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Oh, I am so sorry. This makes me cry. I can't even imagine the pain your family is going through. Your family is in my prayers.

Beaglemom
October 4th, 2005, 10:23 AM
I'm so very sorry to hear about your family's terrible loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It is never easy to lose a loved one, especially a newborn baby. It is supposed to be a very joyous occasion. I know someone who also lost her baby who was also full term. The umbilical cord had wrapped around the baby's neck and by the time they realized it, it was too late. It was very hard for the family.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 4th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks, the cord wasn't wrapped around the neck in this case so they don't really know what happened. They will be doing an autopsy to see whether it was just an accident or something genetic. I have heard sometimes the cord can compress or something so no oxygen gets through.

Beaglemom
October 4th, 2005, 10:35 AM
This must be a very difficult time for your niece and family. I can't imagine what she is going through, especially not knowing what went wrong. And now the waiting for the results must be torture.

AliSam
October 4th, 2005, 12:27 PM
:sorry: My prayers are with you and your family.

savannah
October 4th, 2005, 12:44 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I can't stop the tears, as i know when i was pregnant, i would thank god for every day that passed and my daughter still okay in my womb. I remember thinking about that my whole pregnancy, as it does happen, and it could happen to anyone.
When my daughter was born, her ombilical cord was wrapped around her neck and it was a boom boom boom, lets move this baby and make sure she is okay operation. I did not get to hold her when she was just born, and i did not hear her cry for a long time. It is very scary, and i can't even imagine what your niece is going through. At this point, i don't think there is anything anyone can say to make her feel okay.

Schwinn
October 5th, 2005, 12:28 PM
I am so sorry. There isn't much else I can say that will help, but this brought tears to my eyes.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 6th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Thank you Schwinn I feel terrible about and still can't believe it happened. I can't imagine what my niece is feeling right now. She is strong though and says she plans on having twins next time. (they run in both families so it could happen) I just came across some emails from about a week ago when they were eagerally anticipating the arrival anyday of their new baby, pictures of the pregnant belly and all. I still have them on my computer and wish I could go back to that day so they could have another chance. Anyways hug your little Gracie she is very precious.

Schwinn
October 7th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Thank you, we feel very fortunate. Please tell you niece to stay strong, which it sounds like she is. Although we were incredibly lucky, we are the rarity among our friends, and I've seen them go through this grief, which, though I've shared, I can't begin to imagine the true depth. I can also tell you that of our friends who suffered through this did go on to experience the joy later of a successful term. Small consolation at this time, but sometimes a little hope helps carry you through.

Shamrock
October 7th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Oh, I am so sorry for your family's loss. My deepest sympathies. :grouphug: