Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just Joined

Oklahoma1
October 3rd, 2005, 05:17 PM
Hello to all, and many thanks in advance for all the help we might receive with health issues regarding our dog, Roxie. She's a three year old American Pitt Bull Terrier. She's a wonderful little girl that we adopted from the Animal Shelter at the age of 14 weeks. There isn't anybody that she doesn't want to love, lick, and make friends with. She is the picture of health, actually. But now and then, things can happen, so...I thought we'd try out this great service.

The Rossi's

chico2
October 3rd, 2005, 05:23 PM
Welcome to the forum to you and Roxie,we have tons of Pit-Bull owners here,I am not one of them(3 catowner),but we love to see pictures.
I am hoping in Oklahoma you do not have as much trouble with BSL(breed specific legislation)regarding Pits and any dogs that looks like a Pit,like we do here.

Oklahoma1
October 3rd, 2005, 05:53 PM
Actually, we live in Tucson now. When we adopted Roxie in Oklahoma, it was already established that the shelters would no longer adopt out Pitt Bull Terriers. The paper on Roxies pen listed her as a 'giveaway', and that she was a Pitt Bull mix. It was during our first trip to the vet that we discovered she was indeed a pure bred. Of course, everyone in our family was terrified, since I was getting her for my then 9 yr. old daughter. Roxie truly is the best dog we have ever owned. Our daughter has done extensive research on the breed. It is true that they love people!