Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Best Features

Beaglemom
October 3rd, 2005, 08:36 AM
With all this talk of transplants and weight, I got to thinking how people tend to obsess about the negative aspects of our bodies and the things that we would change and in doing this we neglect to see the good things that we like about ourselves. Maybe this is due to the fear of sounding like we are being conceited. It's always easier to pinpoint what we don't like than what we do like.

I thought it would be a good idea for us to look at ourselves and list the things that we do like and focus on this. Everyone has features that they like and/or have been complimented on.

I like my hair. I have long, curly/wavy hair that I can leave natural or go straight whenever I choose. I can wear it long or put it up. I also like my height, being 5'7" gives me long legs and allows me to wear whatever size heel I want. I also like my eyes, they vary anywhere from grey to green to blue depending on my mood or what I'm wearing.

So, what are your the features that you like best about yourselves?

TobsterMom
October 3rd, 2005, 08:45 AM
That is hard....

I like my eyes too. They're green, but like a grey-green, and change shades too.
I have good teeth.
I have to admit that I like my boobs....can we say that? I just think that's one of the nicest things about being female.

Rottielover
October 3rd, 2005, 08:52 AM
I def have to say my eyes, and my butt, LOL. just started to workout, so will let you know in a couple of months what changes, LOL

StaceyB
October 3rd, 2005, 10:07 AM
I like my eyes and my feet. I also like my natural hair colour, though for many years I dyed it over and over again.

Beaglemom
October 3rd, 2005, 10:24 AM
It's not always easy to look at ourselves and see the good. Too many times we look at ourselves and criticize since we are always striving to look a certain way. It feels nice to see the good and concentrate on that. Oh yeah, I also like my butt and my hands!

Prin
October 3rd, 2005, 11:44 AM
oooo I like my boobs too, although they're not really mine- as soon as I get off these thyroid pills and the patch, I will probably lose it all...

I like my skin. I have such rare break outs and apparently I have a good complexion. I never wear make up and nobody has ever told me I should start.

I like my hair- 5 years ago and now. 5 years ago it was shortish, dyed red and really curly, really. Now it's brown, getting redder (naturally) and straight and starting to get really long. Supposedly thyroid crap is supposed to kill your hair and make it all coarse. I didn't know that and I have about 50 different shampoos and conditioners in the tub, so I just kept on doing my routine- choosing the shampoo based on how my hair was that day, and I got out of it with my hair ok. (phew!)

Luvmypit
October 3rd, 2005, 01:22 PM
hmmm... I feel bad going.. I have great this and great that.... but hey Ill give it a whirl.. beats complaining about my skinny legs (ok you know I had to through a negative in there somewhere)
So anyways my best feature is my thin waist and generous chest (which is not always a good thing)
I also like my hair (healthy and long is all I ask for dangit)
I like my hips... and the general shape of my body

wooo.... feel like an add in the paper

Puppyluv
October 3rd, 2005, 01:49 PM
Hmm I really like my eyes. They have two rings of colour to them, one ring is blue/grey/green and the other ring is honey brown. Depending on my surroundings, one ring dominates over the other.
I like my wrists and ankles, i have fine bone structure in my lower limbs, so no cankles for me (no offense to anyone out there with cankles, I'm just glad I don't have them)
I like my shoulders/colar bone, My shoulders are broad, and well defined, and my colar bone accentuates it.

Umm that's all. I don't dislike the rest of me, but I don't praise them either.

Bearsmom
October 3rd, 2005, 02:25 PM
I have to say I like my eyes, they're like a husky's only green, they've got a dark green outline to the iris, and a light green iris. Hubby says they're freaky.

I also like my height, at 6 feet tall I can reach for stuff my 4'9" mom and sister can't.

Prin
October 3rd, 2005, 05:23 PM
Bearsmom, is there a pic anywhere?

Schwinn
October 4th, 2005, 01:48 PM
My wife says she likes my "dents", where you can actually tell I work out. My triceps, my calves, and my back. I think she's also fond of the one in my head, too.

I like my eyes. Most of my family has brown, mine are blue.

BeagleMum
October 4th, 2005, 01:54 PM
I think that I like my hair, and maybe my baby toes, they're kinda cute. That's about it for me.

Puppyluv
October 4th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Oh come now Grover4, there has to be something else!

jjgeonerd
October 4th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Everybody likes my blue eyes so I'll have to go with that...my wife likes my chest and arms. Overall I'd say I'm pretty satisfied.

Taller would be nice, but 5'-9" isn't the end of the world. Smaller is actually better when I wipe out on my snowboard or mountain bike! :D

Prin
October 4th, 2005, 05:03 PM
I like my eyes. Most of my family has brown, mine are blue.
We had a nickname for a guy in school who was the only blue eyed one in his family: "Milkman's son" :D :D

Schwinn
October 4th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Smaller is actually better when I wipe out on my snowboard or mountain bike! :D

While I agree, it's nice to not have as far to fall, I prefer "more compact" to smaller!

(I'm a 6'2" man in a 5'8" body...)

Byrd
October 4th, 2005, 08:34 PM
My eyes... they are big and bright blue (mood eyes though), and oddly enough, my nose!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 4th, 2005, 09:14 PM
I like my cheek bones
I like my collar bone,and my upper body
I like my boobs as they are small but I wouldnt have it any other way, unless of course I could get some of what prin has then of course I wouldn't complain.

I like my hair for the fact that its super thick I know I will never go bald.My hairdresser likes it too as I let him do whatever he wants with it and I end up liking it everytime.

Prin
October 4th, 2005, 11:54 PM
unless of course I could get some of what prin has then of course I wouldn't complain.What do you mean? Temporary ones? :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 5th, 2005, 12:16 AM
Prin:What do you mean? Temporary ones?

Sure then I could see if I really wanted to fork out 8000 bucks for the permanent ones...... On second thought I think I would rather buy a good push up bra and a fancy hot tub.

Actually a local bar in our town had a wet t-shirt contest or something like that and the winner got a boob job.

shannonRN
October 5th, 2005, 02:37 AM
a local bar in our town had a wet t-shirt contest or something like that and the winner got a boob job.
If she won, wouldn't that mean she doesn't need a boob job? Like so many things in this world, that makes no sense to me. :confused:

I don't think I really have any good features, but I like my muscles. I work hard for them, and I like being a tough broad.

Bearsmom
October 5th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Bearsmom, is there a pic anywhere?

Of my eyes or my height?

Beaglemom
October 5th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Of my eyes or my height?
I think she meant your eyes.

Bearsmom
October 5th, 2005, 08:41 AM
I'll see if I can get a close up....excuse the dark circles under the eyes, it's been a really cr@ppy cr@ppy week.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 5th, 2005, 09:32 AM
shannonRN=If she won, wouldn't that mean she doesn't need a boob job? Like so many things in this world, that makes no sense to me.

oh I get it....so thats why they never paid me. :D truthfully like I said before I dont exactly remember what it was for but that was the prize though. It caused a big stir in our town as you can imagine.

CyberKitten
October 5th, 2005, 11:20 AM
My friends tell me I don't accept compliments well and by the same token, I find it difficult to think of anything I like about my body. I like myself - A politician I was debating once informed me I was "cute as a button". I told him he was sexist - and in the context, it was a sexist remark. :D But he was old school and not the worst of them, lol

I have nice eyes and I think I have a kind expression. I can be anywhere - on a plane, the subway in some far flung corner of the globe and inevitably, the person next to me will reveal their entire life history to me, lol Mind you, I don't stop them - I am interested in people.

I have always placed my talents and abilities before my physical appearance on the level of importance and while I don't hate the way I look, it is not as significant to me as what I try to accomplish. Then again, my bf suggests I declare everything at the border because "you look too cute and innocent to be keeping something from them." - like those undeclared goods, ;) Then again, he may be just buttering me up. :D

Akin to the boobs story, we had a local radio station that sought to raise money for our hospital. The winner got to have plastic surgery!!! We had to ask them to change their prize given the increasing numbers of young women with anerexia and poor body image. I think it has to do with the media's (fashion magazines et al) portrayal of size 2 as perfect. It's just not realistic!

Prin
October 5th, 2005, 10:34 PM
I'll see if I can get a close up....excuse the dark circles under the eyes, it's been a really cr@ppy cr@ppy week.
Why do I have a feeling you're going to post a pic of ONLY your eye? I can see it now: crop... crop.... crop....crop... There! no, wait... crop... crop... crop... :D

portrayal of size 2 as perfect. It's just not realistic! CK, 2 is sooo out! Now you have to be a size zero. :rolleyes: I'm thinking, if you're a zero, then you probably aren't a whole person... Let me rephrase- if you're TRYING to be a zero... (My bro's girly is a zero, but she's tiny and a vegan, so it's not really her goal...)

Puppyluv
October 5th, 2005, 10:37 PM
CK, 2 is sooo out! Now you have to be a size zero. :rolleyes: I'm thinking, if you're a zero, then you probably aren't a whole person... Let me rephrase- if you're TRYING to be a zero...
According to the girls who sit behind me in Anatomy, and "bless" me with their never-ending chatting, size 00 (yes, double zero would be smaller than just a zero) is the size to be. :confused:
Frankly, if I were a 00 I'd be shopping in the kids department, where clothes are 1/2 the price and cute! (Maybe not very sophisticated.. but cute is something :D )

Prin
October 5th, 2005, 11:59 PM
My bro's girly shops in the kids' dept. Apparently we're all suckers for buying adult jeans. :rolleyes: