October 2nd, 2005, 08:35 PM
Our 1 year old Golden's head (just above his eye) started swelling up on Friday, Saturday morning I gave him Benadryl as I thought he may have gotten into bees again. Saturday night he had another dose of Benadryl. Now today the swelling has increased and his eye is almost swollen shut, and his cheek is swollen. He is going to the vet tomorrow..... would it be safe to give him yet another dose of Benadryl tonight?...... Ellen :pawprint:
October 2nd, 2005, 08:45 PM
Um... my mom's Shih/Lhasa got in a run in with a bee at 4 months old.... his whole face swelled, had to take him in for a steroid injection.
My dog got stung today on the foot (we got the stinger out). No swelling or anything (anywhere) so, I will assume that she is not allergic. :fingerscr
October 2nd, 2005, 08:49 PM
I feel so bad for our Moses... he looks like Quasimodo.... or the elephant man. He is such a love bug so he's really sucking up the attention and pity! :(
October 2nd, 2005, 10:20 PM
Allergies freak me out. I would head to the emergency vet. You can't tell if his throat is closing or not, you know? It's really scary stuff..
October 3rd, 2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks Prin, Moses is going to the vet today. I had a close look at his eye this morning and it looks like that might be where he actually got stung. I'll be so glad when the bees are gone. I sent my hubby out to spray .... again. Thanks for your help! :pawprint:
October 3rd, 2005, 04:16 PM
Well we had Moses to the vet today. They drew fluid out of the swollen area on his head just to check that it wasn't an abcess. They gave him a shot of benedryl and prednisone. He is now on prednisone for about a week. Hopefully this is his last run in with the bees. It's supposed to drop down in temperature here by the end of the week so maybe they will be done for the year :fingerscr Thanks to all of you for your wisdom! :)