Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

PitBulls on the loose

downloader
October 1st, 2005, 08:39 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/09/18/wkat418.xml

Prin
October 1st, 2005, 10:55 PM
That's sad, really, but I wonder- the last pic, how the hey does a doggy get that high off the ground?

shannonRN
October 2nd, 2005, 09:25 AM
how the hey does a doggy get that high off the ground?
"The stricken bull repeatedly shook the dogs off, flinging them up to 15 feet in the air."
I guess that's how.

I wonder though about the start of the article:
"Bred as fighting animals, their bloodlust had been sharpened by starvation."

I'm guessing that these individual dogs probably were not trained to fight--how could the writer know anything about these particular dogs? It sounds to me that he is just perpetuating the myth of the vicious pit. A shame that these poor starved things are being blamed for trying to find some food for their bellies.

love my dogs
October 2nd, 2005, 04:47 PM
OMG the poor dogs.....why can't they just feed them already....no, they shoot the poor things for trying to feed themselves, since society has neglected them.
What do they think animals will do when left to their own devices? They will hunt for prey, just like ALL wild animals do!
If the soldiers are afraid of being attacked by packs of dogs, why don't they get some friggin dog food down there and start rescuing these animals?

chico2
October 2nd, 2005, 05:12 PM
Yes,I agree...some idiot reporter assumed because they are Pits they are killers.
I have read it on more than one occasion how Pit-Bulls are being shot because they are trained to fight,it's sickening to say the least.
Any dog would resort to desperate measures after a month without food.
This whole scenario with starving abandonned pets is just beyond belief,I know many have been rescued,but many still remain without food.
Equally sad is to see cows,bulls and horses stranded without food.
I read they have opened up several places of business in NO,bars etc..what about the animals????
Shame on anyone who can sit and have a drink,while dogs and other animals are suffering hell on earth :evil:

Conners
October 2nd, 2005, 05:38 PM
grrrrrr...it's things like this that make me mad! The bull had plenty to eat as you can see the grass, etc...but the poor starving dogs fighting for survival? Sheesh...makes you want to cry!
The reporter makes it sound like the pits were all aggressive...well take away food, clean water and your loved family taken from you...and tell me you wouldn't be terrified and needing to fend for yourself.
It made it sound like the bull was totally defenseless. Then why are they called raging bulls? And they shot the bitch...what happened to the male? Did the bull kill him, but's that's ok because it's pit-bulls?
After the reporter left, what do you think happened to the bull? Betcha is was their supper for the night. :mad: