Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Sphynx Girls

CyberKitten
October 1st, 2005, 03:37 PM
They obviously love one another!

CyberKitten
October 1st, 2005, 04:39 PM
OPr else Chelsea is sharing a secret with Casey? :)

chico2
October 1st, 2005, 05:00 PM
Aww CK,that is a beautiful picture of the two girls.
If I had a choice,they would not be my kind of cat,I would be too worried they'd get hurt and I like the soft fur on my cats,but I have to admit they are cute,a cat is a cat after all,fur or no fur.
Hopefully your friend recovers,but if she would not :sad: will you keep them?
I also like to add,other than with their owner,they could not be in better hands than yours. :love:

CyberKitten
October 1st, 2005, 05:09 PM
Awwwww thx Chico. Yes, if she does not get better I will keep them. I love them and their personailities are very much like Siamese - they are vocal, love people and very social. Wonderful girls, both of them!!!

Prin
October 1st, 2005, 07:54 PM
There are my kitties! I love them. They're like little wrinkly people. So cute.

amber416
October 1st, 2005, 11:54 PM
They are beautiful :)

shannonRN
October 2nd, 2005, 09:49 AM
They look to be so gentle with each other. I'm with chico about the fur, but there is something very endearing about the wrinkles.

Lucky Rescue
October 2nd, 2005, 07:03 PM
NEKKID KITTIES!!!! :D They do look like little aliens, but are really adorable I think!

And after looking at the hairballs I had to sweep up today, nekkid kitties are looking very appealing about now.

Prin
October 2nd, 2005, 09:06 PM
LOL Nekkid... I was thinking with the underarm skin, they sort of look like flying squirrels.. :love:

CyberKitten
October 2nd, 2005, 09:14 PM
More than one of my friends has called them Yoda, lol They may not have hair but they do require almost as much work as having 2 Persians!!

They have natural body oils and the oil absorbs dirt, dust, yada yada and so require a bath about once a week or so. Fortunately, these girls were introuduced to the concept early in kittenhood and they rather enjoy bath time. (amazing - YY comes in and wants to be there too, lol).

They can leave oil all over the place tho since they wear their sweaters, this rarely occurs too much. Their blankets, sweaters and T shirts need to be washed but no more so than one would do for a toddler. It is just a different way of caring for cats.

They are prone to ear probs or infection if their ears are not cleaned very regularly. This is of course true of all cats but especially the case with Sphynx.

They are sort of similar to Siamese in their behaviour and disposition - Meezers hate the cold since they have such short hair and with Sphynx, it is almost no hair - they do have some but it more like a small bit of fuzz. When they first came, they liked to sleep in their own room but now, all three kitties sleep with me and YY and she seems to like to warm them up. I honestly have never had a cat as considerate as YY (and here I am ascribing human characteristics to a feline after saying we tend to do that, lol) but she really seems to know they need her to be kind to them and helps them to keep warm. Of course she may like the feel of their skin too, lol I also think she likes being alpha kitty (she is a benovolant ruler) and they seem to follow her lead, amazing considering they are not spayed and she is!!!! (This is sort of like when I had a beagle and a bunny and the rabbit was the one in charge, lol) I theorize that they like the feel of her warm fur and she showed them all the warm places in the house . One day I saw the 3 of them lying together and each of the Sphynx Girls had a head on YY's body and she had a paw around both of them! I ran for the camera but nosy characters that they are, they took off after me, sighhhhhhh!! YY is a very happy and secure kitty so I honestly think that has a lot to do with it - plus while they feel much at home here, they do I think miss their meomy and their own home.

YY is a great climber but they are even more daring than she is. Casey likes to climb up on me - usually in the AM when i am in a rush, of course!!!! They watch as YY begs to be picked up and hugged and then demand the same thing. And carrying around 3 cats - with my back issues - is quite the trick in and of itself!!!! ;)

It is wonderful breed though!!! Smart, curious, friendly, very social and vocal and climbers extradorinaire.

chico2
October 3rd, 2005, 09:01 AM
CK,it sounds like they have it all worked out and I am glad YY is so good to them,she probably loves the company and being in charge.
Whenever you can,please take more pics....I think they look like E.T and I adored him.