Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

pet bird found

steph_toronto
October 1st, 2005, 01:35 AM
Lovely bird found flying outdoors in downtown Toronto September 23. Must be used to human contact, because it flew onto my shoulder with very little encouragement. I'd love to return the bird to its true owner, so reply with a description if you're missing your pet. He or she is being very well cared for until we find you!

chico2
October 1st, 2005, 08:40 AM
A white Cockatiel,with yellow comb and orange cheeks, was lost here on my street the end of August,the owners were heartbroken since they moved to Mississauga sept 1st.
They left me a phone-no in case I found the bird.
It's a longshot,since I am in Oakville,but who knows,the birds wings were intact.

steph_toronto
October 2nd, 2005, 10:20 PM
But this doesn't sound like the bird we've got. We'll keep on trying -- thanks for your message.

Prin
October 2nd, 2005, 10:27 PM
Aww that's too bad! :(

steph_toronto
October 2nd, 2005, 10:40 PM
but wish me luck - if i don't find the bird's original owner i'll make sure he finds an excellent home.

Prin
October 2nd, 2005, 10:44 PM
Good luck! I'm just glad you're taking this so seriously. :grouphug:

chico2
October 3rd, 2005, 08:43 AM
Steph,I did not really think it could be him...but you never know.
I am glad you are taking care of him.
Our HS here in Oakville has an area just for found birds,they are always a great help.
I've been trying to get close to a Ringed Turtle Dove all summer,also a pet-bird usually,but no go.I am just hoping she'll survive the winter..at my birdfeeder.

steph_toronto
November 16th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Update! "Fred" the lovebird has found a great new home, and after almost a month I am convinced it's for life. The stories of him bonding with his new owner, who lives alone and has spent most of his spare time devising new ways to make him happy, are heartwarming. I wish all our little feathered friends could be so lucky.

Thanks for all of your help and support.

Steph