Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog with diaheria

poodletalk
September 30th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Odd thing is happening, when I walk my dog in the morning her stool is normal. When my dogwalker walks her in the afternoon, she has diaheria (sp)
I don't feed her anything different in the morning then she usually has. When I walk her late at night, if she goes to the bathroom its normal. She seems to have diaheria only with my dogwalker. What do you think is causing this???

Puppyluv
September 30th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Do you ever walk her in the afternoons? (On weekends for example) If so, what is her stool like then?

poodletalk
September 30th, 2005, 04:45 PM
When I do walk her in the afternoons, her stool is normal. My dogwalker thinks its could be a Psychological issue. Do you think it's a case of nerves???

Puppyluv
September 30th, 2005, 04:58 PM
I've heard of "nervous diarrhea" in collies, and i'd imagine it's not limited to just that breed. So it's possible.
How long has the dog walker been walking her?

poodletalk
September 30th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Three months she has been walking her.

coppperbelle
September 30th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Is it possible that he doesn't like the dog walker? After three months he should be use to the routine and not get nervous when she comes to get him. Nerves can make them have looser stools. One of my dogs hated the car and whenever we arrived at our destination she would run and have diarrhea immediately.
It could also be where she walks him. Maybe she comes across another dog that makes him nervous.

Prin
September 30th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Oh I know this one... :D At the risk of sounding like a know it all... Well, maybe I know...

People have come to our park with the same problem. You know why the diarrhea is in only the afternoon? It's because the colon works on the stool all night, and thus it is firm, but when the doggy is awake, she notices right away that she has to go, especially if she's already outside, and then you see the diarrhea. It's not comfortable to hold it in when she doesn't have to but it's not horribly uncomfortable such that she'll go in the house. You know what I mean?

The few cases at our park were caused by genetic diseases (german shepherd), or food intolerances (all the others).