Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

West Highland Terrier rescue information needed.

melz
September 30th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Hi All

I, for a long time, have been interested in adopting a West Highland Terrier. I have found this Westie Rescue website with all sorts of breed information, Rescue kennel locations, breeder locations and whatnot.

It also mentioned that no dogs were available for rescue at the moment in time. I have applied and am on a waiting list with this association but I was wondering if there are other rescue services that do have Westies in need of a good home. This breed seems to be rarely found in shelters in the Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto area so I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight as to where to look.

Thank you.

LL1
September 30th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Sophie's has a Westie and a cross that they would like to go together:

Ulysses and Penelope
http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=1&pet.Shelterid=QC23&preview=1

SOS MIOW
September 30th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Try http://www.kismutt.com/ - they often have small breeds and may be able to point you in the right direction.

Inverness
October 1st, 2005, 10:39 PM
Hi,

I have been looking at dogs posted here while hoping to find a Westie to adopt. I went to the SPCA Montérégie last week because I had heard there were a pair of dogs (a Westie and a Scottie) in adoption. But the dogs had been adopted. I don't understand since Sophie's website now posts the same pair (unless these are a different pair of Westie and Scottie). Sophie, do you work at the SPCA Montérégie ? Or are you fostering for them ? I'm still interested in the two dogs, but just wanted to know what had happened.

Thanks ! :)

LL1
October 1st, 2005, 11:10 PM
You could email Sophie's rescue,maybe they rescued them from the SPCA.The website says

If you are interested in finding out more about us and/or meeting us, please contact Sophie at (514) 523-5052 or by e-mail at sophie@rimasec.net

april07
October 2nd, 2005, 08:33 AM
A site that you may be interested in is westierescuecanada.com

melz
October 2nd, 2005, 11:55 AM
A site that you may be interested in is westierescuecanada.com

I have already looked into this site and have made application to rescue a westie.

They mention on their site that there are no westies available for adoption at this point in time. Not sure if the site was recently updated or not.

Hoping for a phone call soon!