Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sin City

Rick C
September 30th, 2005, 11:03 AM
In my quest in the last week to watch twisted films, Sin City was rented . . .

Since I'm a guy who actually goes out looking for Dick Tracey serials from the 1940's, this one was right up my alley, fitting the cartoon like genre of old Bogie movies perfectly (maybe rent "The Big Sleep" with Bogie and Bacall while you're at it).

I'm not a slasher movie guy but the much advertised bloodletting in this one didn't bother me since it was meant to be so far over the top you wouldn't really take it seriously . . . . as in the Kill Bill movies.

I thought Mickey Rourke, as an unrecognizable anti-hero, makes this movie tick.

There's actually not a lot of nudity in this film, most of it early.

Very stylish and unique, as advertised, and well worth the rental.

Keep the kids out of the room.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

raingirl
October 2nd, 2005, 09:29 AM
I've been a fan of the comics for years. The movie was really well done. I love Robert Rodruguez, he's a great director.

We saw Sin City opening weekend. It was amazing on the big screen.

If you liked the movie, you should go get a couple of the comic book collections. They are amazing.

Rick C
October 2nd, 2005, 12:37 PM
I still have some of my comic book collection from the 1960's when I was a boy . . . . my allowance was 25 cents and that bought a 15 cent comic and a 10 cent Dairy Milk chocolate bar at the corner store.

The new age comic books aren't my thing . . . . but I'll have look at the newsstand at one of these on your recommendation.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca