Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dogs shot in NO possibly by police

Georgiapeaches
September 29th, 2005, 11:22 PM
I just saw on CNN a segmment about approximately 14-20 dogs that were shot. They were left in a school by their owners after they were forced to evacuate. The owners wrote all of their personal info on the walls of the school and had left water and food/treats. The dogs were found in horrible condition. They all had been shot. Some had been tied up in order to be shot and had visibly tried to run away. The images were blurred out but there was blood everywhere. The shell casings found were of the same kind the NO police use. There is an investigation being launched.

RIP doggies :sad:

Prin
September 29th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Poor doggies. We all have to hug our doggies a little bit more often. :sad:

chico2
September 30th, 2005, 08:12 AM
I heard the police were shooting dogs,especially the ones who had formed packs(as they said)since they were an alleged threat to rescuers and soldier..they also mentioned they were mostly Pit-Bulls and Rotties,probably trying to make the killings more justified in some peoples eyes.
This whole horrible event is the worst case of animal-abuse I have ever seen,unfortunately too late for all the animals,but I hope someone has learned a lesson :sad: no life is unimportant,whether they be twolegged or four.

Rick C
September 30th, 2005, 09:51 AM
The CNN video can be seen at this link . . . look for it on the page.

http://edition.cnn.com/US/

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

chico2
September 30th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Rick,that is just so sad and infuriating,it's a blessing they did not entirely show the dogs :sad:

Puppyluv
September 30th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Ok I couldn't find the video, but did anyone see the video on the site that Rick posted of the "house of horrors for pets"? :eek: It's horrible!!!

StaceyB
September 30th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Click fema deal questioned. It will bring up another screen. The third tab I think says picks. Click on it and it is the third pic down.

Puppyluv
September 30th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Thank you Stacey

Oh my goodness :(

StaceyB
September 30th, 2005, 04:57 PM
You're welcome.