Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is My Cat Sick?

dougj35
September 28th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I have a 4 year old neutered male cat. We recently moved to a new house and our cat "Max" has had a hard time ajusting to the new house. Since Sunday he has been hiding and he is not eating and when you get close to him he growels at you. We may take him to the vet but think this could be strange cat behavior. He spends his time sleeping and hiding but is not drinking water like he used to.He is also a bit over weight. This cat used to very active but a little aggresive to other cats.Could this be a medicial problem or a behavior problem?

Prin
September 28th, 2005, 10:39 PM
When they stop drinking and eating or even change their drinking and eating habits, they need to see a vet. Good luck. :fingerscr

CyberKitten
September 28th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Cats cannoy afford to stop eating - they can suffer serious and severe dehydration and liver problems. I would get your kitty to a vet asap!! Even if it is a behaviour problem that brought it on, cats do not handle change or stress very well and it can make them ill. And if he is not eating or drinking, your vet may need to rehydrate him and to check his vitals and other blood work to make sure everything is OK. I realize taking him to the vet is also stressful but I think it is in his best interests now.

Good luck and pls let us know how you - and he - make out!!

dougj35
October 1st, 2005, 11:48 AM
Max is feeling much better now. He has a cut under his tail that he got in a fight with a neibours cat. I think his pride was hurt more then him. He is now running around eating and sleeping;doing what cats do.