Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Touching Website

BeagleMum
September 28th, 2005, 09:10 PM
I just thought that I would share this with everyone. Not too sure if this has gone around yet. (Note: better with sound)

http://www.forpitssake.org/katrina.html

TobsterMom
September 28th, 2005, 09:18 PM
That made me cry. Poor babies, I know people didn't have much choice, but i don't know if I could leave my pets behind. I just can't fathom it. God bless all the people who aided in rescuing these babies.

Schwinn
September 29th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Stupid dust in my eye...*sniff*

BMDLuver
September 29th, 2005, 09:35 AM
That's an excellent video. The disaster of Katrina has definitely made many stand up and notice. Sad that it had to come about as the result of lives lost both human and animal. :sad:

BullLover
September 29th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Great, but very sad video. Thanks for sharing.

Trinitie
September 29th, 2005, 02:18 PM
That angered me to no end, after I choked back the tears. Shame on those who made the decision to not take people's animals to safety. Animals are people too! The saddest picture, for me at least, had to be the one of the little darling, covered in mud, sitting in front of the tanker truck, crying. That picture will haunt me for a long time to come. More people should see it. Can we send that to the White House?

mom of rotties
September 29th, 2005, 06:22 PM
That was so touching, thank you for sharing this with us.

Shaykeija
September 30th, 2005, 01:15 AM
That little dog was covered with oil. It was saved by a rescue goup and is doing great. I read about him on another web site. Apparentley they had a public outcry about that little fur kid. That picture will bother me always even though I know he is safe.

Prin
September 30th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Did you see how their tails were hanging down? They don't just hang, they actually curve under-- they were afraid. :sad:

We take an animal and make it such that it can't protect and fend for itself enough to survive on its own and then we leave it behind in the worst conditions? Our best friends? Our friends who show us nothing but loyalty and love, and we leave, proving we are the opposite. I could never leave. Never. I would die of remorse and shame. Can you imagine leaving them behind and then you get an email with a little movie like this and it's YOUR dog? Wouldn't you die? Literally!! I would never get over the guilt. And I don't do things I KNOW I will regret. I could never do that. Never ever ever. :sad:

lunasnoopy
September 30th, 2005, 04:51 AM
very touching video. I am sad that people left their animals, their defenseless animals who were so loyal to them through thick and thin.

I have moved for my dogs, I have fought to keep my dogs and travel with them around the world. No, I dont do it for my dogs, I do it for my conscience. conscience only. (and the company of the cutie dogs is a plus!). I would never leave my dogs, not because of the dogs, but because I could never live with myself for doing that.

lunasnoopy of syria

BeagleMum
September 30th, 2005, 09:04 AM
I agree with you. I could NEVER leave Spencer and Sydney behind not knowing if they will be ok or when I might be able to make it back. I just couldn't do it.

I have a hard enough time leaving for work every morning.

Trinitie
September 30th, 2005, 09:52 AM
You know, seeing something like this makes you realize that even though we all bicker at times, or disagree with each other on a personal level, we all have the same morals. We could NEVER leave our beloved pets/companions behind. Our love for animals superceeds all else. THAT makes us family!

Prin
September 30th, 2005, 12:36 PM
If only our "real" families shared the same values... :rolleyes: Can we trade? Can we put them in the internet and take us out to the real world?

doggy lover
October 5th, 2005, 08:45 PM
I cry once again for these little babies left behind by their families and forgotten by the government.