Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Neopaws

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 27th, 2005, 08:37 PM
http://www.neopaws.com/

I just ordered neopaws high performance shoes for Joey, does anyone have them. I have never seen a dog wearing shoes before. We will be the first in our neighbourhood.

Prin
September 27th, 2005, 08:39 PM
My doggies had booties... Jemma's feet are horrible in the beginning of winter (still raw from ragweed season) so the salt kills her... They get used to them fast. If the doggy gets running, just check that he has all the booties before you go home.. :eek: (neopaws look awesome though.)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 27th, 2005, 08:48 PM
I ordered them from the website, I had a hard time sizing them so I hope they fit okay.

StaceyB
September 27th, 2005, 09:34 PM
I won one of their saddle bags. I entered a draw while we were camping last year.
Their boots look ok.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 27th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Just okay...whats wrong with them?

StaceyB
September 27th, 2005, 09:56 PM
I haven't used these ones. I use the mutt luks. All of the other brands I have seen are garbage. These ones that you have ordered look to be a descent design.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 27th, 2005, 10:03 PM
I was going to get the medium performance ones but was advised to get the high performance, as Joey walks about 40 minutes a day, more if its my days off although I dont really think of Joey as a high performance doggie. I just hope they are easy to use I imagine they will take a bit of getting used to. I'll post some pics when we get the shoes.

StaceyB
September 27th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Film the first time. It will have you laughing.

mafiaprincess
September 28th, 2005, 12:22 AM
I'm with Stacey.. We made boots for Cider.. She pranced like a deer around our living room when we put them on.

SnowDancer
September 28th, 2005, 05:54 PM
We have muttluks for our Eskimo but he refuses to wear them - and they do fit - Groomer measured him and tested them herself. The screams! And he does not have overly sensitive feet - presents his full body frequently for a massage. Maybe this year he will make connection between de-icer pain and wearing of boots. I paid a personal visit to NewPaws last year as the store is location about 20 minutes from me. Their boots I believe are fine - hard to buy them though when store is locked during business hours with no sign on the door and other customers also outside looking annoyed. I had called first as well. So since groomer carries muttluks - that is what he got - still pristine, ready for year 2. Hope your boots fit. Spaniels do have big feet.

LoNScamp
September 28th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I have two pairs, I tried to use them on both Murphy and Kaos, I finally gave up unless they were out back when I was shoveling snow. I got tired of tracing my steps to find the one that fell off, which happend almost every time I used them. When Murphy was older and it was apparent that she had arthritis in her feet and couldn't tolerate the ice and snow on her feet, I would just keep putting whichever one fell off back on, they do make a difference. For the most part I would use invisible boot or vaseline.

StaceyB
September 28th, 2005, 09:22 PM
The velcro strip should fit around the ankle. If it fits too high the boots are too big. They will slip down and flip flop or fall off. If the strip sits too low they will just fall off. The strip needs to be done up snug around the ankle.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 28th, 2005, 09:45 PM
I got a medium plus and a medium for Joeys feet, I hope they fit I had a hard time measuring them, they said I could exchange them if they dont. His feet appear to be big for his size but they are pretty furry as well.

StaceyB
September 28th, 2005, 10:14 PM
You will take some of his hair into account. You will put them on like a sock. Make sure you don't catch a dew claw when putting them on. I don't know how they have sized these ones so I can't tell you if it is the right size. If they don't fit exactly right, return them.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 28th, 2005, 10:36 PM
I have a hunch that I will have to exchange at least one pair, but I hope I am wrong.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 5th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Well the shoes came today.Except I have to exchange the back ones as the ones I got are too big. So now I am forking an out an extra 10 bucks to ship them back,and the said they were going to charge me just 5 bucks to ship the right size to me. I was actually going to ask them to waive that fee for me as now I would be paying 15 extra bucks just to get the right size.

Is that fair or should I just eat it up. I was on the phone with the lady for 45 minutes trying to figure the right size but now they seem too big, as the dont stay up and there is 1/2 inch or more left for his toes.

StaceyB
October 5th, 2005, 04:41 PM
They are too big. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay in total for them. This is their business, they should cover the costs if the size wasn't right.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 5th, 2005, 04:53 PM
I paid 55 dollars for the high performance. She gave me a few dollars off as I didnt think I needed the high performance,They are normally 58 a pair. She said we definatley needed the high performance. The shipping was 9 except now I am paying more to send them back and for less shoes. My post office said it was the cheapest she could do for me.

I should also get a few more dollars back I realise as the smalls are a bit cheaper then the mediums. So they should take that into consideration.

I actually asked them just to waive the return shipping fee, I think now I should have asked for the whole amount. If they say no I may just return them and see what I can find in town for doggie shoes.