Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Amazing Race tonight!!

Prin
September 27th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Anybody else skipping school... uhh, I mean, anxious to watch it? (I'm skipping because I hate school, not because of tv... :p )

StaceyB
September 27th, 2005, 08:05 PM
They should really split up the good shows. It is kind of hard to watch them all when they are on at the same time.

Byrd
September 27th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Not just split them, but why are there so darned many good ones on right now?

Prin
September 27th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Like what?

StaceyB
September 27th, 2005, 08:35 PM
House, Gilmour Girls, Regenesis, Biggest loser, The Amazing Race, One Tree Hill, The Apprentice, Prison Break, Missing.
I can't remember all of them.
I have also noticed a bunch of new ones that look really good.

Prin
September 27th, 2005, 08:37 PM
The Apprentice? That's not on tonight... That's wed and thurs...

I thought you meant the John Lennon thing and Big Sugar...

TobsterMom
September 27th, 2005, 08:53 PM
I just watched Chris Rocks new show Life With Chris....soooo funny

Prin
September 27th, 2005, 08:56 PM
I just watched Smallville and I don't get it. :confused:

Prin
September 27th, 2005, 09:00 PM
EEEK! It's ON!!! :D

StaceyB
September 27th, 2005, 09:02 PM
I think the only night where nothing is on is friday.

Prin
September 27th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah... That's when I watch all the stuff I taped while I was in stupid school..

At least I have pic in pic so I can type while watching... Multi-tasking. Yey.

Prin
September 27th, 2005, 09:11 PM
What?? The only black people are called "The Black Family"... That's ironic. :confused:

StaceyB
September 27th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Is the Amazing Race going to stay in the states for this one.

Prin
September 27th, 2005, 11:57 PM
No no, they're just starting there... I hope.

StaceyB
September 27th, 2005, 11:58 PM
It just seemed strange that they hadn't yet taken flight.

Prin
September 28th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Aww. Their website is crappy this time. You used to be able to vote for who you thought would win the leg and who would lose... Now you have to be an american resident and register. :mad: :(

Byrd
September 29th, 2005, 07:48 PM
I think it is in North America only this time, because of the kids.

I love that little blondy, she's such a spitfire... and what, about 8?!

Hate, hate, hate the Italian family!

And there is something on on Friday's, "Ghost Whisperer".

jiorji
September 29th, 2005, 08:17 PM
oohhh skipper!!....i hope they don't take attendance :P

i saw the show. LOVE it! I love good relaity tv shows, and since i'm not paying for cable i only get crappy tv channels and this is one of the good things i actually look forward to watching. But well most reality shows suck. AT least this one has a good reason for being on air. I don't know what kind of twit signs most other reality tv shows. lol

So when do you think the Paolo family will crack?? :evil:
ok that's not nice but i think that's why I'll be watching the show next week lol

jiorji
September 29th, 2005, 08:19 PM
What?? The only black people are called "The Black Family"... That's ironic. :confused:

LOL at the end when the girl from the 4 siblings family said "ok it's just us and the black family" it hought :eek: "oh my!! can they say that??"
then the caption said "Black family"...duhh
lol

Prin
September 29th, 2005, 09:19 PM
I thought the same thing when I heard that.

I'm rooting for the 4 sisters and the family with the two blond kids. :thumbs up I really hope they leave North America though. Otherwise, I might stop watching. They could at least go to Europe.

Byrd
September 29th, 2005, 09:59 PM
I heard that clue boxes were seen around Toronto.

The guy and three son-in-laws is cool.

The widow and three kids is gonna wear on my nerves soon with all her god stuff.

jiorji
September 29th, 2005, 10:06 PM
The widow and three kids is gonna wear on my nerves soon with all her god stuff.

LOL

now now...god reads all pets.ca forum posts so be careful what you say hahaha :evil:

Byrd
October 1st, 2005, 12:46 AM
Um.... yeah.... sure.... :angel:

Prin
October 1st, 2005, 01:17 AM
Last time there was a couple that kept bringing up god all the time. :rolleyes: If there is a god, chances are, s/he doesn't want you in a greedy reality tv show.

chico2
October 1st, 2005, 09:15 AM
I have already made up my mind whom I do not like,the family from New York,a stepmom,father and 2 teenagers.
The dad said he wished he had a handicapped kid to put on the street so people would have to stop,a VERY ignorant comment,maybe one day he'll get his wish :evil:

Prin
October 1st, 2005, 02:16 PM
Oh, yes. That was horrible. What an a**.

CyberKitten
October 1st, 2005, 02:26 PM
I watch only one reality TV show (almost wrote emission - getting my languages mixed up today, lol) and that is Survivor. I dare not start another or I will get hooked again and I do not have the time, sigh! What is the Amazing Race about? I did see that Rob and Amber from Survivor were on ot (was in a promo ad - did they win?) I gather someone is racing somewhere but I am sure that is only part of it.

StaceyB
October 1st, 2005, 02:27 PM
I didn't like the family with the 2 rude teenage boys.

Prin
October 1st, 2005, 02:31 PM
The Italian one? Where the boys are so mean to their mom, you wonder how they will treat their wives?

StaceyB
October 1st, 2005, 02:34 PM
Yes, those ones and the family with the mean dad.

Prin
October 1st, 2005, 02:35 PM
Mean dad? I don't remember a mean dad...

chico2
October 1st, 2005, 04:53 PM
I think Stacey means the New Yorker,who said the thing about wishing he had a handicapped kid,he seems to be a real jerk!
Cyberkitten,you should watch it,I really enjoy it,more so than Survivor,although I watch it too.
They are the only shows I watch regularly,getting a little tired of CSI,although Grissom is cute :D

Prin
October 1st, 2005, 07:56 PM
I got tired of CSI last year. It's gore for the sake of gore. And I had guest lectures with crime lab workers in my advanced genetics class and the things they do on the show are just wrong. MASKS!! You're spitting all over your samples. But masks are not sexy, right?

Byrd
October 1st, 2005, 09:30 PM
LOL

Prin you are too funny! :crazy: But, so true!

CyberKitten
October 2nd, 2005, 02:16 AM
Oh Gawd, another show, lol When is it on? Why do you like it Chico - and others? I watched some CSI - never really got into it tho. ER is the same Prin - there was an episode where a woman in labour was given a mdeication and then she walked out of the dept. This is a med that would just not allow that - it was silly. You wonder if they have fact checkers or what? Are they not supposed to have so called technical advisors???

Some of the things that bug me about ER (when it is claimed to be sooo accurate!)
- why did Carol and Doug have lockers next to each other?
- Why was Dr. Carter a med clerk for so long? And then an intern even longer? He really dragged out his 6-12 week clerkship, lol
- Why are there friends and relatives in the trauma room when the ER team is trying to save a patient'sife? That is so bizarre and unrealistsc. Those areas are restricted. We have security front and center in our ER.
- Now they sometimes show Sam doing triage but at the beginning of the show, patients showing every complaint from GSW's to headaches were all over the place.
- Why do they have no infection control? And anyone and everyone is looking for stuff where they keep the meds. C'mon!!!
- And these patients who arrive at the hospital in blood. EMT's now do most of that work. No -one arrives at a hospital looking that bad any more, and no-one would arrive without a cervical collar or not spinal boarded.

I like the show but realeastic it's not. But as my bf reminds me, it's drama and fiction , get over it, lol

Anyway - sorry to have gone off track. I assume from ER that the crime shows are just as bad. I'll look up the Amazing Race!

Byrd
October 2nd, 2005, 08:46 AM
I like it 'cause it's a race, around the world no doubt, and it's a race, no one votes anyone off!

Oh, and Phil....gotta have my Phil! Yup, can't get my fill of Phil!

chico2
October 2nd, 2005, 09:48 AM
CK,Last years AR I would not have missed for anything,it's entertaing,often very funny.
Hearing and seeing peoples reaction to different countries and cultures,raw emotions and different sides of human nature all for 1 million $$$ :D
I don't know yet,how I feel about the involvement of kids,hopefully they'll still do a lot of travelling.
In my view one of the best Reality shows on TV.
I stopped watching ER a few years ago,there is actually no shows I watch anymore,I tend to stick with A&E,National Geographic and movies,sometimes Animal Planet if they have a special show,like dog-shows.

Prin
October 2nd, 2005, 12:52 PM
CK, for me, it's because once they get past the first couple of legs they really forget about the cameras and they are tired and sore and it really is REALITY tv. They can't be fake. So you see them say all these things that you know will make them cringe when they get home and watch.

And also in this show you get to see karma in action. In other reality tv shows the ones that are sneaky and plotting always win. In this one, they don't. Like Rob and Amber last time. They were really supposed to win, but fate came and bit 'em in the hiney. People get eliminated because they're just not strong, and it seems that mean people actually do break down like in the cartoons, leaving the strong nice people to move in for the win. I've just never seen anybody upsetting win the race in the end. That's what makes it great. YEY! (hope it doesn't change :fingerscr )

jiorji
October 2nd, 2005, 01:08 PM
I like it because unlike other reality shows where you just watch a bunch of sorry celebs sit around doing nothing, this show has an actual plot, yet nobody can control it! You don't know how each family's going to act or react.

And it remind me of that movie, "Rat Race", which was in turn based on an older movie with the same theme. I wonder if that was the inspiration for this tv show.

Either way, I find it entertaining.

have to figure a way to tape the Sopranos friday. I won't be home!! :eek:

Byrd
October 2nd, 2005, 01:09 PM
I can think of one.... Flo and Zach! :(

Prin
October 2nd, 2005, 01:18 PM
Yeah, but Zach was soooooo sweet that it was ok.

Byrd
October 2nd, 2005, 08:53 PM
Yeah, but she was so whiney. We used to call them Zoe and Flack... lol

Prin
October 2nd, 2005, 08:56 PM
Ya but for the whole race, he carried her bags and helped her at the same time... He was great. I just hope he bought himself a better girlfriend with all that money...

Byrd
October 3rd, 2005, 04:24 PM
Yeah, exactly, hated her.... he was too good to her.

StaceyB
October 3rd, 2005, 05:33 PM
I don't know of any airline that will bring a plane back that has already pulled away from the gates. That was a setup. I still occasionally watch the show.

Prin
October 4th, 2005, 09:14 PM
oh, no! It really looks like they're not leaving the states!! :sad: That's more than half the fun gone. :(

chico2
October 5th, 2005, 07:50 AM
I agree Prin,it's MORE than half the fun gone.
If all we are going to see is bickering in cars,I don't think I'll be a fan for very long :evil:
They'll certainly lose a big audience..
Sorry CK,this is not what this show was all about last year,they were in Africa,Europe even Stockholm(Sweden)which I got a great kick out of,seeing all the familiar places.

Prin
October 5th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Will they have a winter edition? I hope this one bombs and they go back to "normal". If you can't get around your own country in a car, well, that's just sad.

I really wish they let Canadians in on the action. We'd kick hiney.