Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

must be MONDAY!!!!share your own...

jiorji
September 26th, 2005, 10:34 AM
does everybody's Monday sucks??

so here's my little vent for the week....
I had a terrible night's sleep of tossing and turning, I had stupid dreams, I get woken up at 5:30 AM because cat decides to jump on window ledge where i have potted plants so naturally they fall off. I kick her out of the room to go back to sleep and await reasonable time to vaccuum away big pile of dirt on the floor....and I hear her knocking over her littler box.. how?? I DON'T KNOW!!! :eek:

so at this point i figure waking up is a great plan! I go to use the bathroom and there's a whole bunch of NON FLUSHABLE littler in the TOILET!! because little miss Twiggy likes to put her paws up and look in the toilet bowl from time to time. No I have no fish floating in there!
(now she's walking on the keyboard trying to say her side of the story!)

anyway, I get grouchy when I don't wake up the right way.

So the rant continues....This is how much i hate Bell:
[.................................................. ...........................................]

on the 22nd they cancelled my account because i told them i wanted dialup cancelled after signing up to highspeed, so moron girl cancels it all!..GRRR...
I check up my bill online and it says "highspeed 44.95 a month" :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: whaaaaaaaaaaaaatt?? when i switched over to highspeed the lady said it would be 20 bucks!!! I asked her if that's just a promotion for a month or so she said no. OK!!
then i look over and see a charge for dial up! for august.
now here's there issue, I signed up for dial up in august for when i moved to the apartment in SEPTEMBER. I have not used it til september. there's a charge for august. I call bell and the guy sayd he can't see my account because their system is down. CONVENIENT is it not???

so then i explain to him how i got billed from august 22 to the 28th. he says the billing cycle starts up on the 28th so the 22-27 is a billing from previous month.
YOU DON'T SAY!!! what month?? the month i wasn't even signed up for dial up?!?!??!
so i say to him that's not right because i didn't use dial up til september and when i did i switched to highspeed within 3 days. Smart ass tech guy asks why i didn't use it til september. BECAUSE I WASN'T AT THAT RESIDENCE!!!
so then he asks why i chose to sign up for it so early. Then asks me to call back another time becaus ehe can't help me because his server is down.

:mad: :mad:

ARGH!!! pulling my hair out here!

so well it's only 10:30 am. and monday isn't over yet. BRING IT ON!!

no wait....there's no alcohol in the fridge...

so how's your monday going everybody??

Rick C
September 26th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Preface this by saying I don't have a wallet . . . . never have, never will. Just not my thing. I carry around a small conglomeration of a drivers licence, credit cards and a few other things in my pocket, all of which appear and disappear at various times depending on need.

At 6:30 this morning I'm looking in the usual places for said small pile of plastic wealth/ID without any success.

Carol gets up to help but a careful survey of the house reveals nothing.

Check the hammock outside in case they fell out of my short pockets into the grass. Check the spot where Polly (cat) and I were lolling in the grass yesterday. Check the deck furniture where I'd been reading a book. Check the truck, which I'd been prepping for trade-in.

No luck. Pretty unusual. Not unusual to have it go missing for a bit but unusual for it not to show up somewhere.

Hmmph!!

Finally, I run out of time, give up and ask Carol for $20 to tide me over.

I drive out to our gate and then the light goes on in the empty space called my head.

I'd been out running the highway on Sunday and took the missing wad out of my shorts pocket and had plunked it into the fake mailbox at our gate just as I was setting off, cleverly thinking I'd NEVER forget it there.

And that was my morning.

But hey, it turned up!!!

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Puppyluv
September 26th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Jiorji- Just reading your Bell story has reminded me of how much I hate them. They do what they did to you, to me all the time! Sometimes they decide it's a good idea to charge me for two phone lines, when I only have one, or increase the number of channels i'm subscribed to for tv. Just to see if I notice and pay. They Drive me nuts!!! Arggh. My monday's going well, but :fingerscr if I have to talk to bell anytime soon, it won't be going well for long.

Bearsmom
September 26th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Since I'm a shift worker, every first day of my shift is a Monday. Today ain't looking too hot either.

I too had to call Bell and speak with Emily. Now, I'm in a firehall SCREAMING, "CUSTOMER SERVICE! CUSTOMER SERVICE! CUSTOMER SERVICE!" at some computerized voice I want to POUND into sand.

What happened was I was looking up a postal code on 411.ca, and found our so called unlisted number published on the site, and then found out it's also published in the phone book. Upon checking our bills, found that Bell has been charging us monthly for an unlisted phone number. When I finally got through to a real person, they told me that I had called Bell in January to have our number relisted, and, get this, OBVIOUSLY FORGOT THAT I DID IT!!!!

Sure, I often do random things and forget I did them, especially since I have a crazy ex and THERE'S A FREAKIN REASON MY NUMBER'S UNLISTED!!!!!

Grrrr.

So that was my morning....

BMDLuver
September 26th, 2005, 12:46 PM
lol, where to start....

Saturday I sold a bunch of antiques to help with funds for my rescue efforts... was running late so ran home, picked up dh and kids, went to future shop to get some toys... we cashed in aeroplan miles for gift certicates... go shopping.. enjoy ourselves... go back to the van and my key doesn't fit in the passenger door... figure what the hey it works in the other doors... go home, realize forgot something for sunday dinner, fly over to get it and standing in line... open my purse and it's empty... all cash gone... thinking I'm a flake... dig for my cell phone to call my dh to ask if I left everything on the counter at home... no cell phone

Lightbulb finally goes on, van broken into, cell phone gone, explains missing pack of smokes and why door no longer unlocks.. Call insurance company and deductibles between home and vehicle equal more than stolen so no point in putting in a claim. Call Bell and they say well you are billed for your plan whether you have a phone or not so buy a new phone.

Argh!

jiorji
September 26th, 2005, 12:48 PM
wow...lots of unsatisfied bell customers...sigh..

jiorji
September 26th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Call Bell and they say well you are billed for your plan whether you have a phone or not so buy a new phone.

Argh!

seriously??!?!
hope they don't dial long distance.

I still can't get through to Bell. :mad: :evil:
looks like I'll have to be the rude customer today. Funny how my dad's never had issues with them. Except for the time they sent him a "new" software update CD for his internet and he installed it and it screwed everything up and when he called Bell they said "we didn't send anything...you shouldn't have installed it"
apparently a bunch of error cd's got mailed out.

BMDLuver
September 26th, 2005, 12:58 PM
seriously??!?!
hope they don't dial long distance.

I pay for my plan still and all the bells n whistles... they can't call out on the phone... incoming goes directly to message center. However, my plan is 850 minutes so it's not a cheap plan to maintain without a phone... live n learn, lol.

Roxy's_MA
September 26th, 2005, 01:03 PM
I have never had any problems with bell. Our alternative out west is Telus. That is a company that can't get anything right. :mad: Right now the workers are striking so they use it as an exuse for bad service. :evil: They have alway had awful service, even before anyone went on strike. Unfortunatly where I live they are the only choice for a landline. I use bell for the mobile phone, and don't have any complaints...yet :fingerscr

Roxy's_MA
September 26th, 2005, 01:04 PM
BMDLuver,

Can't they at least deactivate the phone that was stolen?

BMDLuver
September 26th, 2005, 01:27 PM
They consider it not being able to make calls as deactivated. I guess it makes sure they keep getting their money regardless. sigh

Prin
September 26th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Preface this by saying I don't have a wallet . . . . never have, never will. Just not my thing. I carry around a small conglomeration of a drivers licence, credit cards and a few other things in my pocket, all of which appear and disappear at various times depending on need.
Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Hey! That's me! I refuse to carry a purse. My license stays in the car (I know, it's bad, but I hide it well), my credit card has a little plastic cover and that's it!. Sometimes I have my client card, but there's rarely any money in my acct, so it's useless to me. Why cart around a filing cabinet when 2 cards will do?

Here are my two monday rants...

I was going to buy a new mouse because mine skips across the screen unpredictably, and then my dad said "call **** and see if it's still on warranty." (avoiding slander here...) So I do. And the TWIT on the other end of the line makes me slow down my pointer speed. Are you kidding? I'm not moving my mouse too quickly for my own eyes! It's moving by itself!! :mad: So after 45 minutes of me being 2 steps ahead of him and waiting and waiting, he says "I'll call you tomorrow at this time and see if the issue is resolved". :rolleyes: As if. (oh, and he kept referring to me by the wrong name... :rolleyes: Fuel for the fire...)

The next day, he calls here 3 hours early, and I'm not home. The day after that, he calls 3 hours late, and leaves a message saying "I spoke with your husband, and this is my third time calling back" What? What husband? My boyfriend was near James Bay last week. Boo? Boo, did you answer the phone? And on my caller ID, there are only 2 calls from ****. So he flat out LIED.

So my dad says, "write a letter to Mr. ****." So I did. I ended it by saying, "What am I supposed to do? Tell this twit that my mouse is OF COURSE still not working, and spend more useless time with him, or do I pretend my problem is solved and buy myself a proper mouse?" I also outlined all the trouble I have had in the past year- one of their reps made me take apart my computer- who here knows how to take apart a computer? :rolleyes: Isn't that why we call for help?

And then I got a call from the office of the president. They were going to send me a new mouse. So I'm thinking, we'll see what mouse we get; we'll see if they do well at trying to buy my loyalty.

So then today, Purolator knocks- it's my mouse. I open it up feeling like it's not a good thing. And what do I get?

Downgraded!!!!!! I got a mouse with a friggen ball! Are they kidding? Giving me a worse mouse than I have? The ONLY mouse that's worse than the one I have? Seriously? No loyalty here. F that.

And the second, much shorter rant...

My last dream of the night had me living with my parents again :eek: . What a horrible thought. Horrible. Horrible. *** shudders and little screams inside my head ****

Roxy's_MA
September 26th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Well that sounds pretty dumb :confused: They should have something to protect client from theft. It's not like having a phone stolen is an uncommon occurence.

Prin
September 26th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Funny how my dad's never had issues with them. I have had so many, I use anybody to avoid bell. I have videotron phone and internet now. They rock! (and they're cheaper and faster too). Before that I had sprint phone but they kept getting sold and it was no fun trying to get help...

StaceyB
September 26th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Try calling your phone and see if anyone answers. If someone ditched it you may be able to get it back.

Prin
September 26th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Just to update my rant, they're sending me yet another mouse... ;) We'll see what we get this time.

jiorji
September 26th, 2005, 07:34 PM
called bell finally, i asked them what my highspeed plan was and guy said it's 34 for first 3 months and 44 from then on. I said..that's not what i was told.
he said that the other lady made an error and gave me an Ontario plan that quebec doesn't have. I said "listen buddy!! i'm a student when i'm told i pay 20 bucks for highspeed i intend to pay that much! I can't pay 34 and then pay 44 bucks. And why does Ontario get special treatment?? :P

Now I'm hungry and stupid store's closed. By the time I go all the way down the street, IGA will be closed too! I figured taking a nap will safely help me get through Monday. WRONG!

Prin lately I've had horrible dreams too. Being single and all having numerous dreams of meeting great ppl is just a tease!

Prin
September 26th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Aren't they good dreams then? At least in your dreams you're livin' the good life... :D