Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Quirky behavior?? LOL She rubs on the WALL!

Prin
September 25th, 2005, 10:20 PM
I caught Jemma rubbing on the little half-wall we have between the livingroom and kitchen. She walks back and forth, rubbing and grunting (like some dogs do along sofas... not walls...). It was shocking and it cracked me up. I thought this was the first time, and then I turned on a brighter light and saw this dark black streak along the wall where she rubs... Apparently, this is a several-times-a-day kind of activity... :D

StaceyB
September 25th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Montana loves to watch t.v. There are times that he gets so upset about dogs attacking people that I have to change the channel. He also snores, I think it is kind of cute.
And now the not so nice one. He has figured out how to open the fridge.

Prin
September 25th, 2005, 10:41 PM
:eek: :eek: Really? Wow. Smart doggy.

StaceyB
September 25th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Unfortunately he is rewarded for doing it every time he gets something good like a roast or a block of cheese. Though I haven't seen him do it yet I believe he is scooping the door with his foot like he does to open other doors.

mona_b
September 25th, 2005, 10:56 PM
I caught Jemma rubbing on the little half-wall we have between the livingroom and kitchen. She walks back and forth, rubbing and grunting (like some dogs do along sofas... not walls...). It was shocking and it cracked me up. I thought this was the first time, and then I turned on a brighter light and saw this dark black streak along the wall where she rubs... Apparently, this is a several-times-a-day kind of activity... :D

My dad does this when he has an itch on his back.....BUT he does not grunt...... :D :p

Soooooooo maybe Jemma has an itch..... :p

Prin
September 25th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Dads, eh? What can you do... It's actually sort of like that because she spends slightly more time rubbing on the corner before turning back. :D She's funny...

They're both weird in this house. It's like they're much happier but a little anxious at the same time. It's nice to see them happier though.

mona_b
September 26th, 2005, 10:04 PM
They do the funniest things don't they.....LOL

Prin
September 26th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Who? Dads? Yes, they do.

mona_b
September 26th, 2005, 10:07 PM
LMAO....No silly...Well actually yes...LOL

I meant dogs......... :p

Prin
September 26th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Maybe that's why dogs'n'dads get along so well... Two peas in a pod. :pawprint:

love my dogs
September 26th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Dasiy used to do that at the old house, only along the fence. I always assumed it just felt good to her, like scratching an itch!

StaceyB
September 26th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Montana used to take brushes, place them on the floor and roll on them. He loves to be brushed.

mafiaprincess
September 27th, 2005, 01:36 AM
I had a trainer who had trained her dogs to be helper dogs for her ailing Mom..

Turn on and off lightswitches.. could even go to the fridge and get you a beer.. But if there were carrotts in the open.. You'd never get that beer. Would be a feeding frenzy instead :)

huskypup
September 27th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Mia (youngest huskypup) opens the dishwasher, so she can stand on the door to look out of the window like Lucca does - he is alot bigger than her, and can turn the kitchen tap on for a drink - pity he can't turn it off again.

Mia can also open all of the kitchen cupboards despite having child locks on them. I even tried to beat her at her own game by tieing all of the doors shut with some rope, when I came home 3 hours later she had untied all of them, and the rope was in perfect condition!!