Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hello

pittlover
September 25th, 2005, 08:14 PM
i just wanted to say hello and that i am a new member. i felt i just had to join when iwas searching the web because my pitt is about to have puppies and while searching the web for a little more information on what to do after the fact, and anything i may have missed while talking to the vet i was very discouraged when i stumble upon all these people knocking down pitts and the good people out there that are trying to get a good name out there for these very miss understood animals. i have owned both of my pitts for two years and don't believe i will EVER have another pet as loyal and loving as my two babies. they are amazing companions.i just think it is sad all the people out there that judge just because they do not understand.these animals are my husband and my life, so you should not judge before you understand.

StaceyB
September 25th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Nobody here that I know of has anything bad to say about pits. We are however pro S/N. We prefer to leave the breeding to those who are willing to do all that is necessary to improve the breed.

Lucky Rescue
September 26th, 2005, 10:26 AM
There are many pit bull lovers/owners here, including me.

We show how much we love our dogs by getting them spayed and neutered, so as not to create more when they being banned all over the place and killed in HUGE numbers in shelters everywhere.

I suggest if you love your dogs - and I believe you do - show it by not adding to the overpopulation and have them spayed and neutered.

There is no need to breed them. Anyone wanting a pit bull can get a wonderful one at a shelter or rescue and have a choice of anything from a puppy to a senior.

And it's "Pit bull", with one "T".