Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

finally a new permanent family member!

amber416
September 25th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Well with all of the fosters i have had come and go lately, i am so excited to finally get a new cat of my own!

See, the rescue I work with contacted me and wanted me to foster an "extremely feral" kitten. She was coming to us from a different rescue organization that only dealt with tame cats, as we are primarily a feral cat rescue. When the woman from the other group brought her to me, she was like "be careful, i know you have dealt with ferals before but she WILL bite and she WILL scratch". She went on to describe basically a monster of a kitten that had been so nasty at her previous foster home that the foster mother just couldn't handle her anymore. All of her brothers and sisters were tame and adopted immediately but she just wouldn't warm up to any of the homes they tried her at.

So, of course, the first day i brought her home, i shut her up in my foster room and left her alone. I just started coming into the room and talking to her every couple of hours to get her used to my presence. She never hissed, only cowered when i entered the room. The next morning, my husband Justin went in to see her and announced that she just needed someone to pet her. This of course seemed like terrible logic to me and i expected him to come out of the room with a bloody hand. Two minutes later we had this sweet purring kitten, and she hasn't stopped since :)

I decided A. my husband really likes this cat, which is rare and B. this cat seems to have chosen us, and we adopted her ourselves.

So, this is Tiger Lilly/ Penny (we are having a hard time picking between the names.... what do you guys think?) I swear she is a dog in a cat's body. She is non stop licking our faces, slobbering all over us, and wanting to be snuggled. Our other cat, Tinkerbell, has been very good with her, however, she clearly doesn't grasp the fact that this one is staying and is probably just waiting for her to get her new, real home like the others do. :)

amber416
September 25th, 2005, 05:08 PM
And here is Penny/ Tiger Lilly with her new Halloween toy :)

shannonRN
September 25th, 2005, 05:31 PM
She is precious--how lucky you are that she chose you!
I like Penny as a name. Tiger lily is cute too, but seems long; she would probably end up being just "tiger" or "lily."

gomez
September 25th, 2005, 05:33 PM
What a cutie! I like Penny, she's sort of coppery like an American penny...

AliSam
September 25th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Oh my god! She is absolutely gorgeous. She looks just like my little Ali did when she was a kitten. I definitely love the name Penny.

amber416
September 27th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Thanks guys! Looks like we're going to go with Penny :)

Rick C
September 27th, 2005, 01:14 PM
I have a soft spot in my heart for orange tabbies as I had a few "Ginger" cats growing up and then, finally, the worlds greatest cat who ever lived, Taffee, who was with us 15 years.

Your nameless cat looks just like he did at a young age. Here is in at 15 though, in his last year:

http://www.goldentales.ca/TAFFEE.jpg

May you have as many great years with your new friend as I did with Taffee.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca