Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Beagle Brandi

dixietigger
September 25th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Hi..
I'm a new member and want to say hi to everyone.. I have a Three yr old Beagle named Brandi..She's such a sweetie!!
I had to take her to the Vet Friday Sept. 23rd because of some itching and a couple of bumps on her lower back towards the top of her tail.. She did have the fleas so the Vet used advantage 55 treatment and also gave her an injection of SQ/IM..Since the needle, she seems to be breathing a little quicker than normal.. She has no loss of appetite and drinks alot but that was one of the side effects along with a lot of peeing the vet said..I'm just nervous about the quicker breathing..She's also moping around and seems restless at times.I know this needle contains cortozone so could that be the problem and if so how long will these symptoms last??Also exactly what is this needle for???

justncase
September 25th, 2005, 10:09 PM
It's a steroid with nausea, restlessness, excessive drinking and urination as being only a few of the many possible side-effects which should, hopefully, wear off in time.

Prin
September 25th, 2005, 10:30 PM
I'd say call the vet to be sure these side effects are not something to worry about. He should know about it anyway, for future reference if the doggy gets another dose.

dixietigger
September 25th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Thanks so much!! She seems to be feeling a little better tonight..All that excessive drinking keeps me up all night too being the person who has the honors of bringing her outside!! lol.Just love her to pieces and hate to see her not feeling her self. I hope this reaction is very temporary..If it persists over the next couple of days I will make another visit to the vet.. Have A Good Night!! :)

dixietigger
September 25th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Thanks Prin!!
I'm going to call vets office tomorrow just to make sure!! :o