Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Action Shots

raingirl
September 25th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Anyone else got any action shots.

This is Odin. he's the white blurry thing. He was running chasing some sheppard cross (not in the pic) who was way faster than him, and two slower basset hounds were chasing Odin. And there is another bully pooping in the background. This was last weekend at our bulldog meetup at high park.

Prin
September 25th, 2005, 04:56 PM
I've posted this many times, but are these what you mean? (BTW I like the doggie dumping by the tree... Funny... :D )

raingirl
September 25th, 2005, 05:12 PM
I swear I wasn't taking a pic of the dog pooping!! It's just one of those shots that you end up taking almost by accident, and it turns out so funny.

Prin
September 25th, 2005, 10:12 PM
It's funny because all the other dogs are blurry and he's crisp... :D

Dogastrophe
September 26th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Monty doing what he does best.....

Lissa
September 26th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Dodger obviously has a serious case of the zoomies! He's trying to turn without braking! ;)

Lissa
September 26th, 2005, 09:46 AM
And here is Minnow's suicide attempt - she escaped that day and made a big entrance by jumping down about 10 feet :eek: (I try to stop her from jumping those heights!)

Rick C
September 26th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Keeper on the way to an investigation, darting across our field:

http://www.goldentales.ca/P1020242_edited-1.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Roxy's_MA
September 26th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Roxy jogging with the ball.

Roxy's_MA
September 26th, 2005, 12:12 PM
and I call this one Kill the pig :evil:

BeagleMum
September 26th, 2005, 12:43 PM
This is Spencer playing with my Dad's dog Zoe. (Notice the ears on Spencer)

Roxy's_MA
September 26th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Looks like Spencer is winning! :rolleyes:

Lissa
September 26th, 2005, 01:50 PM
OMG, I am officially a Roxy fan! I'm not a big lover of smaller dogs but she is a cutie. She actually is making me wonder if I want a JRT!! She is gorgeous and looks like quite the character!

I love the kill the pig - she really looks like an elite athlete, she races right??

How is she off-leash?

Prin
September 26th, 2005, 02:18 PM
My dad's Jack is fine off leash unless there is a rodent... He actually killed a squirrel last week. :sad: My dad says he darts off full speed and nothing will snap him out of it till he's done. So you just have to be very very careful about the rodents.

Dogastrophe
September 26th, 2005, 02:57 PM
My dad's Jack is fine off leash unless there is a rodent... He actually killed a squirrel last week. :sad: My dad says he darts off full speed and nothing will snap him out of it till he's done. So you just have to be very very careful about the rodents.

Terriers have some of the best tunnel vision attributes going. My Silky (and even my two "mutt" terriers) will get the mind to do something and will tune out everything around him until he accomplishes his task or gets physically removed from the situation (i.e. picked up before he can start his mission). There are times when he is tracking something with his eyes (like a fly) that we will call his name, his little tail will wag in response, but his eyes and full attention will never leave the object.

Roxy's_MA
September 26th, 2005, 03:22 PM
I am a huge JR fan. I think my dog is an amazing athlete (would probably be able to keep right up with Dodger.) She does race, and has done go to ground competitions as well. JRT's have a very strong prey drive, like Prin and Dogastrophe said you have to watch out for rodents, because these little guys have tunnel vision. I have a really hard time thinking of Roxy as a small dog, except her size. Ok I'll explain, they are like a big dog in a little body, we call it the Napoleon Complex.

As for training them to be off leash, it can be done it just takes time. I grew up with JRT's and we always had them off leash. Roxy and I are still working on some trust issues. You may notice in the photo she is running around with a loose leash. So far that is as far as we have gotten. She gets her freedom, but I can grab the leash or have a chance of catching her if she decides to flee. Roxy is only a year old (Oct 2). Most JRT's are puppies until about 2 years.

I think a JRT would probably have alot of similarities to a hound. The fox hound was origanlly used to track the fox. The hunter would then let the JRT go and he would worry the fox in his hole until the hunter arrived.

They are definatly a very interesting and entertaining breed, but they do have very high exercise needs.

Lissa
September 27th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Hmmm...sounds like hounds and terriers both have that "stubborn/tunnel vision" issue! :)

I totally understand why you don't see her as a little dog...she looks like a trooper - I think because its so clear that she is a canine athlete. Roxy looks so confident and content. I'd love to see her race, she must be amazing!

I would never rush into getting a dog based on the "aww factor" but Roxy has definately put JRT's on my list of possibilites. :pawprint:

Prin
September 27th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Speaking of Jacks, did you guys see this:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=180232#post180232

shannonRN
October 5th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Rommel in action

Byrd
October 5th, 2005, 05:53 PM
LOL @ everyone! Nice shots!

doggy lover
October 5th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Here is one of Tucker.

GunnerX
October 5th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Here's one of the decent shots of Ariel as she's quite fast. She's actually running towards the camera.

http://www.gunnerx.net/pics/cam/PA010564.jpg

Found another pic of the running mop.
http://www.gunnerx.net/pics/cam/PA0105981.JPG

And with all that wind resistance and large shih-tzu eyes, you get this at high speeds.
http://www.gunnerx.net/pics/cam/PA0105931.JPG

Prin
October 6th, 2005, 12:58 AM
Here is one of Tucker.
Who's the girl with the crazy abs? :eek: :highfive:

doggy lover
October 6th, 2005, 07:49 AM
My daughter, makes you want to be 18 again. :p

Roxy's_MA
October 6th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Those pic of Ariel running are to cute! She looks like she is going pretty fast.

Dogastrophe
October 6th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Jack at the park (playing with his Sat morning pal, Maggie). Only two things to do ....

chase

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/2005_0911Image0049.jpg

or be chased

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/2005_0911Image0051.jpg

shannonRN
November 2nd, 2005, 11:34 AM
Got another action shot of Rommel--I call this one "dogzilla."

pags
November 2nd, 2005, 11:42 AM
I love the pictures! Here's Judge playing tag with the kids.

jessi76
November 2nd, 2005, 11:51 AM
Tucker going after bubbles....

shannonRN
November 2nd, 2005, 11:55 AM
I bet Judge usually wins :)

shannonRN
November 2nd, 2005, 11:58 AM
Tucker looks so silly in that pic. I can't believe I've never tried bubbles with these guys. Are they special pet bubbles, or just soap bubbles? I've seen catnip bubbles before, but never bought them, and I know there are doggie bubbles too.

jessi76
November 2nd, 2005, 12:17 PM
Tucker looks so silly in that pic. I can't believe I've never tried bubbles with these guys. Are they special pet bubbles, or just soap bubbles? I've seen catnip bubbles before, but never bought them, and I know there are doggie bubbles too.

Tucker is just silly in general.... lol... those were just regular soap bubbles. I do have catnip bubbles at home for my cats, but they don't care about them. Tucker loves any bubbles - I'm lucky if I get to blow them at all...he sees the bubble wand and jumps on me, every time.

doggy lover
November 2nd, 2005, 04:11 PM
Tucker having a fight with his girlfriend, only playing. :D What scary faces though.

Prin
November 2nd, 2005, 11:06 PM
That's awesome doggy lover! Enough to make a non-doggy person panic. :D

doggy lover
November 3rd, 2005, 03:11 PM
They have never really hurt each other, they chase, fight like that, lay down a while then chase again. The odd time one might yelp, it the other has nipped too hard but thats about it. They really enjoy being with each other.