Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

SPCA Montreal

poodletalk
September 24th, 2005, 06:26 PM
SPCA Montreal has some very cute dogs for adoption today....

There was a thin boxer mix, with big blue eyes available for adoption. A fantastic cuddly chocklate lab, she was a stray that was picked up. Two cute chowchows and ofcourse the dog I would adopt in a minute "Snoopy'
a male husky mix, with soft moka fur and big brown eyes. I almost forgot, a yellow lab pup about nine weeks old.

sjat24
September 25th, 2005, 03:18 AM
I went to see that Lab puppy yesterday and we took her for a walk her name is CASEY. She was such a doll!!! Hubby and I was going to get her and we were all ready to go but my driver canceled :mad: . So today I had a car but unfortunately .... well actually fortunately she was adopted.
I went to Monteregie today and WOW lots of dogs, it breaks my heart that they dont have homes!! Unfortunately I really wanted to go back and get the yellow lab pup at Montreal SPCA but like I said she was gone by the time I got there. In due time I'll find my pup. :fingerscr

Prin
September 25th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Yeah, they go really quickly on the weekends...

poodletalk
September 25th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Out of 250 dogs at the SPCA Monteregie, you didn't see any that you liked?

sjat24
September 25th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Oh there were 2 young male black labs I really wanted, but one was already adopted and the other I wanted to take him. But it was hubby that just didnt..ugh..I dont know. Hubby is picky, he wants something that gets into his heart, likey Casey did at the SPCA MTL. He was so sad that Casey was gone yesterday. He just doesn't want to get any dog he sees, sort of like what I would kinda do :o . I hope you understand.

poodletalk
September 25th, 2005, 09:50 PM
No, I undertand, choosing a dog is a very important decision. Sooner or later, a pup will capture your heart and it will be available for adoption! Both SPCA'S always get new animals in, keep checking with them. If I hear of anything, I will let you know. By the way, cutie pie Snoopy at the SPCA Montreal use to live with cats and he had no problem with him.

jiorji
September 25th, 2005, 11:49 PM
250 dogs?!?! can I have 'em?? :D I've always wanted to have an animal farm. I guess since I grew up not being allowed to collect animals, it's all coming out now. lol.

So you got any large yet calm dogs at the SPCA?

Say someone goes there on a non adopt day and sees a good puppy. Can you put it on hold?? or do you return on adoption day and be the first one there to pick it up?

and another thing...you're allowed to take them out for walks??

poodletalk
September 26th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Yes, there are some beautiful large dogs that are calm looking for a home. My mother adopted an Irish Wolf Hound Mix from there, the calmest dog you ever want to meet. A friend of mine, just recently adopted a St. Bernard extremely calm and gentle.

The shelter is in a beautiful country setting, it's encouraged to walk a dog on their property before you adopt it.

You can't place a dog on hold when its not an adoption day, reason being, you need to pass an interview first, then you are considered eligible to adopt a dog. If you are interested in adopting a dog, you can leave your name, number and the dog's name, someone will get back to you.

jiorji
September 26th, 2005, 08:56 AM
going to accompany someone there this weekend and take a look see....maybe drop off my naughty cat!! :evil:
one would think that if there's flower pots by the window...why jump?? WHY??? and why do it at 6 am?? sigh...this is a battle i won't win i'm afraid..anyone want a free cat?? :D

poodle..the spca may be a bit far for us when we're going on the weekend, what are the choices for coming back possibly with a dog? do taxis allow dogs on board?

poodletalk
September 26th, 2005, 08:29 PM
SPCA Monteregie is out in the country. If you are in downtown Montreal, it would be too expensive and too far for you take a taxi.

You have a selection of 250 dogs, the chances of you finding your faithful friend, are high.

jiorji
September 26th, 2005, 08:45 PM
i thought there was an SPCA in montreal...that's the one i was talking about

poodletalk
September 26th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Yes, there's an SPCA Montreal, they have very few dogs available for adoption. Few times I have been there, there has been less than 20 dogs available. Many people find there faithful friends at the SPCA Montreal, maybe you will too. For the SPCA Montreal, you get off at the Jean Talon Metro and it's right there.

kayla
September 27th, 2005, 08:24 PM
I was just at the SPCA Montreal today and there was a cute little white fluff ball for those of you looking for a small dog! There are also MANY MANY kittens!

jiorji
September 27th, 2005, 09:06 PM
wow i finally figured out where SPCA monteregie is.

Guess I'll have to rent a car for the day when leaves change and it's all pretty and tkae a look see in that area. Looks really purrrty :D

Prin
September 28th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Apparently, it's already happening. My dad was up there on the weekend and said it was already really pretty. ;)

poodletalk
September 28th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Driving up to the SPCA Monteregie is beautiful in the fall. The leaves are changing colors, along the way you can stop off and buy some apples, apple cider from the farms. I LOVE going to the SPCA Monteregie in the summer time, on Fort George theirs a farm where you can get fresh juicy strawberries!
On Chemin du Vide, right across the street from the shelter, there's a farmer who sells his vegetables ot the outdoor stand. Fresh vegetables much cheaper and better than you get in the store and also, he has a huge wagon full of sweet corn! The best you will ever taste!

Golden Girls
September 29th, 2005, 07:14 PM
250 dogs?!?! can I have 'em?? :So you got any large yet calm dogsI just looked over their Web Site. They have a beautiful male 8 month old golden retriever named "punky" who's looking for a wonderful home. I have two golden's myself, I can assure you they are calm dogs. With the proper amount of daily excercise, they are laid back, gentle and extremely loyal and easy to train. Please consider this little guy - you won't reget it. (fingers X'd - you'll fall in love)

coppperbelle
September 29th, 2005, 07:34 PM
In another thread we heard that Punky has been adopted.

I am sure there are many others in need of a good home.

Golden Girls
September 29th, 2005, 07:52 PM
that's wonderful news re punky. I'm so relieved, thank you. I luv those golden's ...