Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Senior cat care

Nudnic's Mom
September 22nd, 2005, 06:51 PM
Hi has anyone ever used joint supplements for cats my old cat Penny has arthritis and does not get around like she used to. I was just looking for a way to make life easier. She has seen the vet and has bad teeth. I am feeding her Nuto Max canned and dry for seniors.

Lucky Rescue
September 22nd, 2005, 07:57 PM
What did the vet recommend for her arthritis and bad teeth?

You can give glucosamine and chondroitin. I believe the vet can also administer Adequan.

justncase
September 22nd, 2005, 09:13 PM
There is a product called Arthritis Relief(Natra Bio, Ferndale, WA) for arthritis. It's homeopathically -based so "symptom relief is attained through stimulation of the natural healing process". ..."precise levels of homeopathic ingredients work safely and without side effects or stomach upset." It is for stiffness and difficult movement, swelling and redness,and pain in the bones and joints. For a cat two tablets or two dropperfuls every 8 hours brings relief and increased mobility in as little as two hours. Then on an as- needed basis. Glucosamine and chondroitin supplements(already mentioned) which help to rebuild the joint , would also be supportive. So would acupuncture(www.ivas.org). Five treatments (along with supplements) cured a dog with a severe case of arthritis.