Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Line-ups for gas!!!

Prin
September 22nd, 2005, 06:08 PM
There are line-ups at the gas stations here!! There are rumors that gas is $1.68/L in Quebec city so everybody is trying to gas up at $1.10 before if goes up...

A Petro Canada representative on the radio said it was one independent gas guy who raised his price and it doesn't reflect market activity, but I don't really believe that... So I waited about half an hour (after finding the least packed gas station around here), and filled up as full as I could possibly fill it... :rolleyes:

BMDLuver
September 22nd, 2005, 06:11 PM
I filled up at 1.11 yesterday as if Rita hits the oil fields in TX then up up up the prices will go.

Prin
September 22nd, 2005, 06:16 PM
Why can't NASA spend gajillions of dollars inventing a "hurricane killer" rather than sending a real person to the moon for the first time? What a waste of resources.

StaceyB
September 22nd, 2005, 06:20 PM
We filled up for the same reason at 97.5. The news says that it can jump up to 170.0 by tomorrow.

raingirl
September 22nd, 2005, 06:22 PM
it's already hit 1.90 in places in toronto today.

StaceyB
September 22nd, 2005, 06:32 PM
It is really ridiculous. There is really no good reason for it.
On another note. If Martin wants to stay in he will have to lower gas tax before the election. Harper is already saying that he will do it and because everyone is so ticked over the price of gas they just might vote him in if something isn't done before then.

jjgeonerd
September 22nd, 2005, 06:33 PM
Why can NASA spend gajillions of dollars inventing a "hurricane killer" rather than sending a real person to the moon for the first time? What a waste of resources.
huh? :confused:

Prin
September 22nd, 2005, 06:37 PM
(It was a rant... Why? Do you think the lunar landing was real?)

jjgeonerd
September 22nd, 2005, 06:42 PM
I think you typed "can" instead of "can't" in the original post. :confused:

...and yes the lunar landing was real. All of the evidence to the contrary is bogus "science". Although I do believe the just announced plan to return is a colossal waste of taxpayer money.

Prin
September 22nd, 2005, 06:47 PM
Ooops.. I don't have too many typos so I'm not used to looking for them... :o

I don't know about it being true or not... I just think technology was not far enough back then to do it. I mean even now, there are serious flaws.

Gas closed at $66.65/barrel- still cheaper than during Katrina. :confused:

Puppyluv
September 22nd, 2005, 06:53 PM
what is it at the pumps? i saw in westmount about an hour ago it was 139.9 is it like that all over?

heidiho
September 22nd, 2005, 07:11 PM
OK 1.39 IS VERY CHEAP IN US DOLLARS,WHAT IS THAT IN US DOLLARS?? :usa:

jjgeonerd
September 22nd, 2005, 07:12 PM
I'm guessing that's per liter. About CDN $5/gallon? Maybe $3.50/gal US?

heidiho
September 22nd, 2005, 07:17 PM
Wow It Is Still 2.89 Here,i Am Filling Up Tonight...before It Does Hit 4.00to 5.00

Puppyluv
September 22nd, 2005, 07:38 PM
lol yeah, i should have specified, it's $1.39 canadian per litre.
deffinately not "cheap"

doggy lover
September 22nd, 2005, 08:07 PM
I heard one place near London Ont. was $1.79, they say it will top $2 and maybe even $3 per L :ca:, nothing has even happened yet and they are acting like a--holes. My hubby filled up at $1.09.

Prin
September 22nd, 2005, 11:00 PM
lol yeah, i should have specified, it's $1.39 canadian per litre.
deffinately not "cheap"
I did the math and $1.39 is $5.2681/gallon CDN, which, with the current exchange rate of $0.8543Cdn=$1 US, gives $4.50 a gallon US.... Pretty nuts. But when I gassed up this afternoon, it was still at $1.09/L.

Georgiapeaches
September 23rd, 2005, 12:30 AM
I heard one place near London Ont. was $1.79, they say it will top $2 and maybe even $3 per L :ca:, nothing has even happened yet and they are acting like a--holes. My hubby filled up at $1.09.

Yeah it was that high in Chatham yesterday. So, in turn everyone in London ran out and filled up...huge line ups everywhere. I saw all the panic last night and I filled up too, at 95.9 I thought I may as well. But, today some places were still at 95.9 while some other stations were as high as 110.0.

edited: For everyone who lives in London,ON, this site may be useful when you're deciding to get gas http://www.londongasprices.com

Schwinn
September 23rd, 2005, 11:17 AM

At that price, when it comes time to pay, you just bend over.

Schwinn
September 23rd, 2005, 11:28 AM
Yes, there is no price fixing. That's why it was 95/l in Toronto, and $1.80 in Chatham. They asked the guy at the station, and he said he heard it was up to $2.00 in Sarnia. So now we know how gas prices work. It's all BS, and personally, I'm fed up. And I'm tired of hearing the government say there is no price-fixing, and then say that there is no point in lowering taxes, because the gas companies will just raise the price to eat up the difference and make more profits. Um...excuse me...but doesn't that sound like price fixing? Around my house, we've been lucky so far. The price hasn't been spiked like other places.

StaceyB
September 23rd, 2005, 11:35 AM
I think what is most aggrivating is the constant change in prices several times during the day. Even with restaurants/bars you are only allowed to change the price once a day and once it is done it has to stay there for the rest of that day. No happy hour here.

SnowDancer
September 23rd, 2005, 12:18 PM
I had a very long trip home yesterday after picking up dog from socialization -usually takes 20 mintues - took an hour - thought there had been an accident. No - it was the people blocking the streets waiting to turn into the corner situated gas stations - and when you have one on each corner, it is a problem. I only have 1/2 a tank but with the little devil with me - and all hyped up because I think he could "sense" that I had been at my doctor's all day - lots of tests at 55 - must be that "clinic smell" so no way was I going to join the crowd.

Schwinn
September 23rd, 2005, 01:22 PM
Someone brought up a really good point to me the other day. How come if the price of oil is driving the price of gas so high, how come we can still buy a litre of oil at Canadian tire for the same price we could five years ago??

lezzpezz
September 23rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
"For everyone who lives in London,ON, this site may be useful when you're deciding to get gas http://www.londongasprices.com"

Thanks for the great website! Have shared with many!!

Gazoo
September 23rd, 2005, 02:34 PM
What irks me is that rumours cause a sheep mentality where people rush out to fill up...which then in turn actually increases demand...and then prices increase faster than if people didn't panic :rolleyes:

Cinnabear
September 23rd, 2005, 08:44 PM
They're only raising prices because of speculation of the hurricane which is ludicrious. They still haven't raised prices here and it's still at 99.9. When or if the hurricane hits that's when the price is suppose to rise or stay the same.

JaydeDoggie
September 23rd, 2005, 11:36 PM
I have relatives in Chatham/Blenheim and it is NOT $1.80 there.
There was one station in Chatham then went to $1.59 and one in Blenheim that went $1.79 (that was the 7Eleven), which created a frenzy. It was all over the news stations that they could not confirm gas prices were supposed to be that high. It is back down to $1.03 today.

We need to change the way that we live, sintead ofcomplaining about the world. We have raped the world of its oil for a very long time. Its peak is comming soon. That will effect everything.