Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I can foster a hypo-allergenic dog

kayla
September 22nd, 2005, 11:48 AM
I am able to foster a non (low) allergenic, non-shedding dog. (Yes, I do know that no dog is completely non-allergenic ;) )

I have fostered cats in the past but unfortunately my roommate has mild allergies and the hair and litter box bothers her so I can't anymore :sad: . However, she has agreed to let me foster if it is a "hypo-allergenic" animal (a small, short haired dog would also be OK).

The dog would need to be good with other dogs (I have a friendly lab mix who would also love a companion for a bit :p ).

I'm a student and so am home a lot of the time and can offer a dog the time and care it needs. I also have a car and can bring the animal to adoption days.

If anyone has or knows of a dog who needs a temporary foster home please pm and hopefully I can help out!

Melissa

SOS MIOW
September 24th, 2005, 03:24 PM
You might want to contact different rescue groups who deal with small dogs such as poodles, bichon frises, etc. They are non-shedding and somewhat hypo-allergenic. Check the petfinder.com website for a list of rescues in the Quebec area - http://www.petfinder.com/

kayla
September 24th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Thanks MIOW. I did contact the petfinder rescues already, I never saw one that specializes in hypoallergenic dogs though, are there any you know of near Montreal? BMDluver and a few others are keeping their eyes open for me though, so hopefully I will find a suitable dog soon and will be able to offer it a suitable foster home! :fingerscr

SOS MIOW
September 25th, 2005, 01:05 AM
I don't think any rescues 'specialize' in hypo-allergenic dogs, but if you tell them that you are only able to foster non-shedding breeds, you may have some luck.