- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

Does anyone know...

September 22nd, 2005, 02:52 AM
Where I can find out my city animal law or is it by-law or regulations...i dont I asking the right question LOL.
There are alot of montrealers here, do you know what Lachine (Montreal) rules are.

Oh for Dogs walking etc..

September 22nd, 2005, 07:52 AM
When I moved to Pointe Claire I just looked up Pointe Claire on the internet. Most towns have a site. Just google Lachine and see what comes up. :)

September 22nd, 2005, 09:42 AM
Thanks! I am surprise how each borough are different. Dorval you have pay 25$ each dog! WOW I bet my mom didnt know that. :rolleyes:
Well it didnt mention anything about registering a dog in Lachine. I had no idea that some boroughs your suppose to register dog, I bet alot of people do not know that. Interesting.

September 22nd, 2005, 12:21 PM
Did Lachine re-separate? If not, then it would be under the same laws as Montreal...

September 22nd, 2005, 04:01 PM
Did Lachine re-separate? If not, then it would be under the same laws as Montreal...

Then what would Montreal law be? Searching for these thing has been PITA.

September 22nd, 2005, 06:27 PM
Can you read French? If so, here are some links:
Licenses (,57981&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL) (sorry it's for NDG but there are no other pages for other burroughs it seems... But the info is basically very similar to Montreal's...)

Dogs in Nature parks (,251731&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL)
10 page pdf document on control of animals in Montreal... (

Here is the lachine section of the Montreal website, but it is one of the most underdeveloped sites of any of the burroughs... :rolleyes: Basically, it says to refer back to the Montreal site...

September 22nd, 2005, 06:37 PM
I have been to this site cant find anything.
I am probably going to call.
Thanks for your help!

September 22nd, 2005, 06:52 PM
Basically, since everything on the lachine site ends up saying refer to Montreal site, you can presume the laws to be the same if not very similar...