Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

canadia wins inxs comp, JD fortune WTH?

melanie
September 21st, 2005, 05:19 PM
i must express great sadness and disapointment at the state of things :eek:

now ya all know im a very patriotic person, i love aus and most things about it and as part of that i also have a deep love and heart for aussie rock esp as part of our culture and general overall coolness :D .

well didnt i have a coniption ansd near kittens last night when i saw the news, what the hell, INXS are looking to replace michael hutchinson (lol dream on) and held a competition over there for it, did you see it on tv, and hysterically they never once mentioned it here, for good reason i would say they willl looss their fan base here, the rest of australia are hitting the roof, how could they do such a thing to us and our legends, and how can they be INXS, michael would be doing whirlies in his grave im sure.

now dont get me wrong, im glad a canadian won if anyone did have to win, but im soooooooooooo disapointed, how could they do such a thing.

oh what ever happened to classic aussie rock, oh now im jsut disorientated and confused, ahhhhhhh its a crime against humanity and good taste.

yeah well i am not buying that album thats for sure, and neither will many of my fellow aussies, they have pride and taste for goodness sake they dont give us enough credit.

what is the world becoming, booooo hooooooo.

Dont change for you, Dont change a thing, for me'. ha not likely...... :o

so did it make yoru tv stations or did you miss it too??

Puppyluv
September 21st, 2005, 05:41 PM
Oh it made it here alright. I never watched it, not to my taste, but it ALWAYS seemed to be on!!!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 21st, 2005, 05:57 PM
I watched the whole thing from beginning to end. JD had quite the attitiude in the beginning but I do think he won fair and square in the end, Mig did awesome the whole show but in the end they choose JD. I must admit Mig definatley was the hottest. I guess its true about those Aussie men. :D
They performed their new INXS song at the end to tell the truth it wasnt that catchy but maybe like other songs you need to hear it a few times.

I saw INXS back in 87 with Michael Hutchene in Vancouver, I made it all the way up from the nosebleeds, all the way down to the front row did a dive over the security cards, they grabbed my arms and some people in the crowd grabbed my legs, the security guards finally let go and I made it to the front of the stage. That memory will be ingrained forever. :D

raingirl
September 21st, 2005, 06:42 PM
Mel, they auditioned for it in australia, so people there must have known about it. There was one contestant from Australia too. Maybe it was available on Sattelite or something there.

Byrd
September 21st, 2005, 07:37 PM
Yeah, they always mentioned Aus on voting night.

I am a proud Canuk right now! :highfive: I loooove J.D. (he's a little cocky, but an awesome talent). I loooooooooove Pretty Vegas. He is the perfect fit. I hope that he stays with the band for a very long time. :thumbs up

I'm so happy that Marty didn't win. :yuck:

melanie
September 22nd, 2005, 04:35 PM
yeah my mum informs me it was on satelite tv, well not many ppl i know have that, we only have public tv mostly, so thats why we didnt hear about it, but it would not have gone down well anyway i dont think :eek:

Quote joey.E.cockers.mum 'I saw INXS back in 87 with Michael Hutchene in Vancouver, I made it all the way up from the nosebleeds, all the way down to the front row did a dive over the security cards, they grabbed my arms and some people in the crowd grabbed my legs, the security guards finally let go and I made it to the front of the stage. That memory will be ingrained forever'

lol thats jsut hysterical, now that is a very cool memory, im still laughing at my minds eye, just hilarious, you little rebel, now that is definatly something for the grandkids.

didnt see the aussie contestant, but im sure he was hot, a good portion of our blokes are easy on the eye, so no doubt its true :D

well again i wont be buying the album thats for sure, now to me its like blasphemy for sure :D :p

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 22nd, 2005, 09:13 PM
Byrd = I'm so happy that Marty didn't win.

You and me up in the trees
is there a more stupid song
Please tell me please

You and me up in the sky
If I hear it again I'm gonna cry

I hope that song doesn't get to much airplay

Byrd
September 22nd, 2005, 11:12 PM
Song... it was a song? I thought it was just some screaming!

As for the Aussie contestant, he came in third, he was buff, but not much else to look at.