Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

13 yr old cat seems sick

mrslilbear
September 21st, 2005, 06:04 AM
For the past 3 days or so, my inside cat, Princess, has been lethargic, drinks a LOT of water, is not at her bowl for feeding as usual at 6PM, won't eat anything except a couple of treats, threw up a couple of days ago (that's not unusual), but I noticed there were 2 black hard pebbles in the liquid...also found a couple of these in her drinking water. She's also lost weight. She sleeps a lot and when she does join us, she just sits on the floor in a ball. She absolutely HATES going to the vet, growls, bites, tries to run away, but if she's not better very soon, she'll have to go.

cpietra16
September 21st, 2005, 06:35 AM
I used to have a cat that hated to go to the vet. I few days before I would take out her carrier and let her eat in it and sleep in it (with her blanket). By the time we had to go to the vet she would just go into the carrier without a problem. She was not always cooperative at the vets but when you need to go , you need to go. If your cat's behavior has changed that much than it usually means that they are not well. There is no harm in taking her. It might be nothing but why chance it. even indoor cats ingest things that make them sick. Good luck

Lucky Rescue
September 21st, 2005, 07:03 AM
There are many things that could be causing your cat's symptoms - some of them very serious.

Like it or not, you'll have to take her to the vet, since she's obviously in some distress and discomfort. Please do this soon. Vets know how to handle cats like her.

heidiho
September 21st, 2005, 10:05 AM
She will have to go,,boy that is so nice,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :troll: