Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Not one..Not two but three pets gone within 6 months

spicynick
September 21st, 2005, 12:49 AM
hello everyone'

I lost my australian shepherd today her name was spice and she was 8 yrs old ...she was diagnosed with diabetes and the treatments didn't work and now she is gone....this one really hurts cause i lost my bue tick hound back in march she was 17 and my cat in june she was 15....i don't think i will ever own another pet again i just can't deal with this,what did they ever do but love us and there is nothing we can do for them...my heart is so heavy it hurts and my family is mourning as well...its just not fair :( :confused:

glasslass
September 21st, 2005, 12:05 PM
It's rough losing a beloved pet; 3 in such a short time incredibly so. Please don't feel you were not able to do anything for them. They were loved and that's what matters most! The years of devotion and joy are worth the pain. Try to remember those precious times and rejoice that they were a part of your life. It does get easier with time.

Toonces
September 21st, 2005, 01:48 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, we have all been there at one point or another and the pain of such a loss can be so over whelming. I can't imagine losing 3 so close together.

Your Blue Tick was 17 and kitty was 15 that is amazing you must be a wonderful parent to your fur children. Take comfort in knowing that you gave them the best life possible and they were loved.

Rest In Peace sweet babies.

huskypup
September 22nd, 2005, 06:48 AM
:grouphug: a big hug from across the ocean, time will heal your heavy heart and you will be able to remember them all with a smile and not a tear.

Take heed that they are all together playing in the sun and chasing the moonbeams at Rainbow bridge waiting for the day that you come get them. Until that day - don't let it put you off getting another baby in time.

Prin
September 22nd, 2005, 11:29 AM
I'm so sorry Spicynick. Really bad timing, I know, but you can't give up on pets because of this. Your pets lived great lives. It's sad to lose another great pet owner when so many pets need help and your home is such a good one. :sorry: :grouphug:

doggy lover
September 22nd, 2005, 11:36 AM
Sorry to here of your losses, I can understand that it is really hard. That happened to a friend of mine 2 years ago 3 dogs in 6 months, I wonder if them missing the ones that passed on has something to do with it. I lost my dog and 2 family members last year and it has taken alot to keep going some days. I did get another dog 6 months after I lost Travis, I found that I was lost with out one in the house. So take your time some people get another pet right away, some wait years, I found it maid the pain a little easier to bare. My thoughts are with you.

BullLover
September 23rd, 2005, 11:18 AM
:sorry: That sucks. I'm sooooo sorry for you losses. I lost my Schnauzer two years ago and was lost and got Brutus a few months later. That really helped me ease the pain. Take your time and decide what's best for you and your family. :grouphug:

maddoxies
October 10th, 2005, 02:41 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I have lost 2 of my own in the past year and one of my former rescue fosters. IT HURTS !!!

Take your time and mourn. Then see how you feel about another pet. As I was taking my first golden girl to be pts, I was saying 'I want another golden. She has spoiled me, I cannot imagine life without a golden'. I found a website called petloss. They have a virtual candle lighting ceremony on line every Monday night. Your pet's name will be posted. The service and the people brought me comfort when I lost my last boy suddenly at Easter.

And the messages and pms here helped a lot too.

:grouphug:

My Champ was a regular Welcome Wagon to fosters coming into our home. I am sure he is playing with Spice and all your furbabies at Rainbow Bridge

Invicta
October 12th, 2005, 08:15 PM
I'm sorry for your loss spicynick. Words cannot express how awful I feel for you. I lost both of my girls in August, 11 days apart. Give yourself and your family time to heal before making a decision to get or not get another pet. It sounds like there is a lot of love to give in your family.

Under normal circumstances I would've waited before getting another dog but now I have not 1 but 2 puppies. Thank you ON government for not letting me mourn the loss of my girls.

Heinz57
October 13th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Dear spicynick: My heart breaks for you and I know how much you hurt :sad: . I lost my 2 furbabies within the last year. My boy GrizzyBear (TeddyBear) was 10 yrs old, and Keyto was 12yrs old. They were best friends, they were our family and will always be in our hearts. My 4 children were crushed with sadness and the tears flowed freely. Before these two, were our 2 rotties, Nikki and Madame. They were my only babies before children and they were there for the arrival of my first born. I thought I would die with the pain I felt losing them, but in time you can fondly recall and tell stories of the joy you had with them :love: . When we lost Grizzy last October 18th, it was sudden and devastating. We adopted a thrown-away pup Nov.30th. He helped ease the pain, heard many a stories about Grizzy but will never replace Grizzy. Losing Keyto suddenly this past Sept.12th was just as hard and many more tears flowed and there are days we still tear up. You wonder how you'll wake up each day and not break down but you have soooo many wonderful memories that somehow you pull through. I'm trying to work in a new girl now, who really needs a home. I'm not saying you should run out and get a new pup or kitten because that may not be what's right for you and your family. All of us are unique just as our pets are and greiving is important. It's part of life, sadly we have to part with loved ones and it HURTS. Your pets lived long and happy lives, you loved them and they loved you in return. If you didn't love so much, the pain would not be so much. I rarely post here because it reduces me to tears, I just wanted you to know that I care and so do so many others :grouphug: .

Beaglemom
October 13th, 2005, 01:21 PM
I'm so very sorry for you loss. It is always devastating to lose a beloved pet. I know exactly how you feel as I've been there myself. We lost 2 of our beloved dogs 7 months apart, it has only been 5 months since our Shandy passed and a year anniversary will be coming up for when our Chantel passed. We have another that we know his time will be coming up as he is ill. Take the time to mourn, you will know when the time is right to bring a new addition to your family. It does get easier with time. :grouphug: