Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Halloween Costumes for our kids (pets)

Conners
September 20th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Has anyone got any idea's here to get patterns for costumes to fit our dogs? I have some WONDERFUL material...but making it to fit a pooch is so different from a human.
I haven't decided exactly what I want Shasta to be. I thought princess...then butterfly... and now thinking gypsy. *sigh* I'm glad we've got until the end of Oct.
Anybody else dressing up their kids?

Roxy's_MA
September 20th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Well, I don't have any pattern, but I was a Sanfrancisco(SP?) in the mall the other day and they had all sort of costumes for dogs. Maybe you can check it out and get some inspiration. I guess it depends how creative you are when it comes to designing your own pattern.

I did dress up my dog when I was kid one year. I made a super dog cape, and that was about all the costume consisted of.

I would love to dress Roxy up, I think the kids really love seeing a dressed up dog when they go trick or treating.

This link shows some different pet costumes. They are so cute. :crazy:

http://www.buycostumes.com/Category.aspx?pCatID=petcostumes&CMP=KNC-google

Puppyluv
September 20th, 2005, 05:22 PM
I don't have the time to make a costume, but I wish I did.
Layla's being a weisswurst this year. (Actually it's a hotdog costume, but she's a little too pale to be a hotdog)

heidiho
September 20th, 2005, 05:24 PM
I have to say,connors your dog would make a cool lookin gypsy for sure.

jjgeonerd
September 20th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Gabby's going as Hosehead! (she doesn't know this yet) :D

jjgeonerd
September 20th, 2005, 05:27 PM
She just needs a white stripe and a cape! :D

Roxy's_MA
September 20th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Layla's being a weisswurst this year. (Actually it's a hotdog costume, but she's a little too pale to be a hotdog)

I assume a weisswurst is a white sasuage? You could also call her a tofu dog. :)

Puppyluv
September 20th, 2005, 05:42 PM
yup, they're the palest of the pale. Tofu dog is an idea, Just have to decide if I want Layla to be vegetarian or multicultural :D

doggy lover
September 20th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Here is a pic of Tucker last Halloween. He didn't like his cowboy outfit too much.

Byrd
September 20th, 2005, 06:11 PM
LOL I was gonna start this topic in a couple of weeks.

Willow is going as her namesake:

Conners
September 20th, 2005, 06:20 PM
WOW! You guys are inventive!!! I've got material and threw some on her to show you. Just have to get an image of what pops up. Any idea's? I liked the gypsy one too.
Shoot...in order to put the pics up, do they have to be on the web??? :confused:

heidiho
September 20th, 2005, 06:37 PM
A gangster comes to mind,not like a gang member,but like mobster,Sopranos type..

Roxy's_MA
September 20th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Here is Dog dressed as a gypsy. Halloween is like my Christmas, it gets me so excited!

http://www.costumecraze.com/DOG11.html?PHPSESSID=255e95c9f36c7f42be64f110a532c 4b7

Conners
September 20th, 2005, 06:40 PM
I've taken 3 pic's to show you the materials thrown around her to let you see... but how do I get the pictures up here without having to add them to the net first???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Conners
September 20th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Here is Dog dressed as a gypsy. Halloween is like my Christmas, it gets me so excited!

http://www.costumecraze.com/DOG11.html?PHPSESSID=255e95c9f36c7f42be64f110a532c 4b7
OH WOW!!! That is soooo pretty! I don't think my Shasta would quite suit it like that beauty does. :love:

Roxy's_MA
September 20th, 2005, 06:48 PM
I guess we can't all be models LOL, You could alter it to suit her. I haven't seen the fabric, but purple would look fabulous on your Shasta

Conners
September 20th, 2005, 06:51 PM
I guess we can't all be models LOL, You could alter it to suit her. I haven't seen the fabric, but purple would look fabulous on your Shasta
Yes I have purple and I'm trying to get the pics up here to show you the materials on her, but how??? How do you get the pictures on here?

heidiho
September 20th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Oops Didnt Realize She Is Well A She..

Conners
September 20th, 2005, 07:23 PM
*whew* k...here's the material just thrown around her to give you an idea what it looks like before I go creative.
http://www.geocities.com/no1conners/content/IMG_0261.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/no1conners/content/IMG_0262.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/no1conners/content/IMG_0263.JPG
So with what I have...where should I go with it? Suggestions?

Puppyluv
September 20th, 2005, 08:21 PM
the first two pictures remind me of a knight, just a fancy knight. The last one, a princess
you could have her be both the princess and her royal prince/knight in one!!

Conners
September 20th, 2005, 09:17 PM
the first two pictures remind me of a knight, just a fancy knight. The last one, a princess
you could have her be both the princess and her royal prince/knight in one!!
LOL I've been snipping and cutting and turned things around. She's loving it now and getting into it. She wants to be pretty, Yes! She told me so! :pawprint: So, I'm thinking of an Arabian Princess. By tomorrow...who knows??? I need some off white pearls (lots and lots of them) and some silk gold tassels to use instead of buttons around the bottom of the neck and to fit to her body. I think some long fingerless gloves in the same material and not sure about boots for her hind legs yet.
Since the muzzleing will be in effect by then, I will put a vail to cover up the muzzle. Now somehow I need to make her eyes look very exotic. Any idea's on how to do that with a ...shhhhh...dog?
Anybody else getting ready yet? This is soooo exciting!!!!

Conners
September 20th, 2005, 09:27 PM
LOL I was gonna start this topic in a couple of weeks.

Willow is going as her namesake:
Willow looks beautiful!!!! She's sure to make a lasting impression.
Now who had Super Skunk flying threw the air??? ROL
Are you taking them out, or just dressing them up while you hand out treats?
I'm going to take Shasta out with the Grandkids and when the youngest comes home (2 1/2 yrs old), so will Shasta. That's the plan so far anyway.

Luvmypit
September 21st, 2005, 02:45 PM
Capone will be Hannibal Lector. That way the stupid muzzle will be part of the costume.

Conners
September 21st, 2005, 02:48 PM
Capone will be Hannibal Lector. That way the stupid muzzle will be part of the costume.
K...so I get the muzzle part, but how are you going to turn his head into a bowl of brains. :D

Conners
September 21st, 2005, 02:52 PM
K...so I get the muzzle part, but how are you going to turn his head into a bowl of brains. :D
:sorry: That was his victim. LOL Now I am getting them all mixed up.

Puppyluv
September 21st, 2005, 02:54 PM
I was going to say.... hannibal didn't have brains in his face..in his stomach maybe :D
all you need is a glass of chianti
or a little dog dressed up like a fava bean :D

Luvmypit
September 21st, 2005, 02:59 PM
LOL.... I have seen the hannibal customes for dogs... its more like the straight jacket...

Or I wanted to dress him up as another breed of dog... like a poodle or something... That would be funny

Conners, I love that shiney goldy material on Shasta!!

glasslass
September 21st, 2005, 03:04 PM
I'd like to make a wolf's costume for Den-Den so he can be a "sheep in wolf's clothing"!

Conners
September 21st, 2005, 03:05 PM
LOL.... I have seen the hannibal customes for dogs... its more like the straight jacket...

Or I wanted to dress him up as another breed of dog... like a poodle or something... That would be funny

Conners, I love that shiney goldy material on Shasta!!
PuppyLuv's remark was halarious! :sick:
Where will you get a straight jacket with 4 arms??? :confused: or is that legs? LOL
I was thinking of making Shasta into a cat before I really got into it. Use the washable spray nd make her white with pink nose and kitty ears with wiskers made out of wires.
But now I like the black and gold with the pearls and sticking to an arabian princess.

TobsterMom
September 21st, 2005, 03:12 PM
Conner's...I just showed my 6 year old the pics of Shasta wearing her material, thinking he'd get a kick out of her.

He said, "what kind of dog is she mom?"
I said "A pit bull"
He said "A spit ball? that's silly"
I'm still laughing

Conners
September 21st, 2005, 03:13 PM
Gabby's going as Hosehead! (she doesn't know this yet) :D
I still haven't figured out how you got her to fly??? THAT's REMARKABLE!!!

doggy lover
September 21st, 2005, 03:16 PM
The crap our poor pets have to put up with, darlings arn't they. :party:

Conners
September 21st, 2005, 03:18 PM
Conner's...I just showed my 6 year old the pics of Shasta wearing her material, thinking he'd get a kick out of her.

He said, "what kind of dog is she mom?"
I said "A pit bull"
He said "A spit ball? that's silly"
I'm still laughing
LOL that is hallarious!!! Thanks for sharing that. My grandson is 6, so I know the age well. :clown:
If I didn't have my heart set on an arabian princess a spit bull could be a second option! LOL

Conners
September 21st, 2005, 03:22 PM
The crap our poor pets have to put up with, darlings arn't they. :party:
*giggle* you BET! And is ANYONE going to get dressed up WITH their dogs??? If there was enough material I'd like to go simular to Shasta, but I doubt there will be.

glasslass
September 21st, 2005, 03:22 PM
Ewwww! How would you make her into a "spit bull"??! :eek: :D

Luvmypit
September 21st, 2005, 03:28 PM
LOL!!! Tobster I have tears in my eyes!

All you need is a lot of paper mache!

Conners
September 21st, 2005, 03:30 PM
Ewwww! How would you make her into a "spit bull"??! :eek: :D
Paper mache with globby stuff stuck to it. :D Don't you ever go to Lewis Craft? All you need is my imagination and LewisCraft and we're in business. LOL