Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Possible Poisoning

TheLadyWolf
September 19th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I have a dog that is approx. 5 years old. I have had her for two years and she has always been a picky eater, but never refused to eat her favorite foods. Over the last two weeks she has practically stopped eating and has lost a lot of weight. She throws up often and it is green. Also when she poops it is green. In the last 3 to 4 days she has become very lethargic and doesnt have much energry. She will occasionally move to a new cool place to rest and will also drink water. Today is the first days since Saturday that she has eaten any kind of food and that was only very little. Could someone possibly be slowly posioning my dog?

StaceyB
September 19th, 2005, 08:25 PM
She needs to go to the vet asap.

badger
September 19th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Poisoning doesn't last two weeks. Either it kills or the animal recovers. Your dog is just plain sick and needs to see a vet immediately. Don't you realize he could die? Do not wait for any more answers or speculation, take him to the vet NOW.

coppperbelle
September 19th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Please do not wait and bring your dog to a vet immediately. Any dog that is not eating, is vomiting and pooping green should be seen by a vet. :sick:

raingirl
September 20th, 2005, 12:01 PM
As with Humans, anything that is green = INFECTION! your dog needs to be seen by a vet.

TobsterMom
September 20th, 2005, 12:36 PM
I'm actually speechless. This has been going on for weeks??? As they say, common sense is not always common. Sorry I don't mean to insult you, but this is very frustrating to me. Perhaps you have your reasons, but the fact is your dog is very sick. Veterinarians are not magicians, and if left untreated, many illnesses cannot be magically cured.